    for setting up are 'greyed out'. No fancy quips please about google,
    sending it back etc. I have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to
    have a trouble shooting site. Any ideas please?

    Harold potter esq, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Harold potter esq

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Harold potter esq spewed forth:
    What SOFTWARE are you using to attempt to write to your drive? Windows XP is
    not capable of writing DVD discs of any kind, like they can CDR and CDRW
    discs.

    The issue is most likely software based, but you didn't tell us what
    software you are using.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Harold potter esq

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Have you tried recording on a DVD-RW or DVD-R? or a different brand of
    DVD+RW?

    fred-bloggs, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Harold potter esq

    cineman Guest

    cineman, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Harold potter esq

    Trax Guest

    |>Hi
    |>
    |>I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No matter
    |>what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not record. I put a
    |>DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the message....."The current disc
    |>is non recordable. Replace with a recordable disc". A lot of the options
    |>for setting up are 'greyed out'. No fancy quips please about google,
    |>sending it back etc. I have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to
    |>have a trouble shooting site. Any ideas please?

    Might try ForceAspi http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm
    I've used it when ever I've had problems, fix'd most of them.

    Trax, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Harold potter esq

    The Shed Guest

    You do not say which recorder you have-----try loading/using the