Sony DVD Player DVP-NS725P spindle binding

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by imjimsharp, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. imjimsharp

    imjimsharp

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This unit is part of a home theater. I opened it up and looked under the hood. I found that once the dvd is inserted and seated, the spindle binds.

    I can jump start the dvd player with my finger, manually giving the dvd a push and it works just fine. The dvd player then works fine. DVD loading properly, ejecting and playing....then without warning, starts to bind again.

    Got out a can of dust off and blew out the motor assembly. But the problem is still repeating occasionally. I know that once I button it back up, it will be a no go.

    Appreciate any ideas.

    Thanks,

    Jim

    imjimsharp, Nov 20, 2006