Sony DSV-v3 NIB?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by clutch, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. clutch

    clutch Guest

    I just recieved my Sony DSC-V3 via the nice guy in the Brown truck. I
    carefully opened the package, pulled out the camera box and cut the
    'factory' tape. Chit, three layers of 'factory (sony marked) tape'.

    So needless to say, I'm now wondering why the camera box was resealed
    3 times. The purchase was from one of the on-line camera shops that
    normally is recommended to use. No, not the bottom feeder
    recommendations. I'm leaving the companies name out of this at the
    moment. Consider this an iquiry into how things are done.

    I don't see any scratches, Dog ears on documentation, infolith battery
    was dead, cd-rom has no scratches. But that nagging question, why
    three layers of sony tape sealing the box.

    The reason I am taking this tack is that my camera junkie co worker
    seems to 'sample' cameras all the time and I wonder what happens to
    them when he returns them and I wonder how the industry deals with
    him.

    Thanks,

    Wes

    clutch, Feb 24, 2005

  2. clutch

    Larry Guest

    Both my current Sony Cameras came in the same kind of box, both were bought
    from a "big box" store (Locally) and neither were re-packs.

    The explaination I got from Sony was that they double, triple , sometimes
    quadruple check the contents of the box to protect from "pilferage" along the
    packing line.

    According to Sony, the box gets opened, checked, taped shut, at three points
    between leaving the warehouse and going on the big brown truck, whether its
    going "mail order" or to a retail store.

    Larry, Feb 24, 2005

  3. clutch

    clutch Guest

    Larry,

    Thanks a lot for the reply. I sure feel a lot better now.

    Wes

    clutch, Feb 25, 2005