Sony DSC-V1 at A&M Photo World sold w/o battery & charger

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HRM, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. HRM

    HRM Guest

    I'm trying to purchase a Sony DSC-V1. A&M Photo World has the best price I
    can find on the web - $409. I called the company and got the pitch for a
    battery and charger. Not an extra battery (recommended) and external
    charger, but A BATTERY AND A CHARGER AS THE CAMERA IS SOLD BY THEM WITH NONE
    AT ALL!

    I'm used to companies trying to sell accessories at the time of sale, but
    imagine my surprise that they are trying to sell me the standard battery and
    charger as extra that is included as standard at Sony and every other
    seller I checked with.

    I'm going with a different seller offering the camera at the same price, no
    shipping charge -- and they include - no surprise - the standard battery and
    charger. And, yes, I'm buying an extra battery and an external charger from
    that company NOT A&M Photo World.

    Any one else have experience with this company and its tactics?

    HRM, Jan 21, 2004

  2. which company?

    seeyouinseptember, Jan 21, 2004

  3. HRM

    HRM Guest

    Thanks for your interest.

    The company is the one named in the subject line: "Sony DSC-V1 at A&M Photo
    World sold w/o battery & charger".

    The company is the one named twice in the body of the post:
    "A&M Photo World has the best price I can find on the web"
    &
    " I'm buying an extra battery and an external charger from that company NOT
    A&M Photo World."

    The company is A&M Photo World.

    Anyone with experience with A&M Photo World and their practice of selling
    less than the complete and standard package sold by the maker and all other
    venders of the camera -- a camera without battery and charger?

    By the way, I copied A&M Photo World with my post here and got a form email
    reply directing me to call them. It was when I called A&M Photo World to
    place an order that I got pressured into buying not an extra battery and
    external charger but the battery and charger that comes standard with the
    camera.

    HRM, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Will ask which company you chose to buy from , not which company you didn't
    by from, which of course I knew

    You said, "I'm going with a different seller offering the camera at the

    seeyouinseptember, Jan 23, 2004