    the instructions specifically say not to use lithium AA batteries. I'm
    wondering why not and what the harm would be. Thanks!

    Steve

    mrsgator88, Jan 3, 2006

  2. mrsgator88

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Well, that's a drag. Lithium AA's have slightly higher voltage than
    alkalines or NiMH, so it could be that the Sony camera isn't built to
    handle it. It could also be that the instruction manual writer got
    asked about lithium AA's and didn't know the answer, so chose a
    cautious one without checking with the engineers.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 3, 2006

  3. mrsgator88

    mrsgator88 Guest

    On re-reading the manual, it mentions the risk that the lithium batteries
    could suffer a "brownout", but I don't know what that means or if it would
    affect the camera. I'd still prefer to use them if possible.

    mrsgator88, Jan 3, 2006
  4. mrsgator88

    Paul Rubin Guest

    I don't know what it means either. I'd say use NiMH if you can.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 3, 2006
  5. mrsgator88

    imbsysop Guest

    getting brown by overheating ..

    imbsysop, Jan 3, 2006
  6. mrsgator88

    Dave Cohen Guest

    My canon A40 also said don't use. My A95 doesn't say anything on the
    subject. I use NiMH anyway and carry spares. Never had a problem.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Jan 3, 2006