    expert, just want a basic point and shoot, Also, whats this i hear about
    sony memory sticks?? Bad news?

    Cheers Lee

    Lee Bales, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Lee Bales

    Stewy Guest

    Memory stick prices are still a rip-off. Take a look at the USB
    'clip-drives' to see how much you're being ripped-off. Check that the Sony
    Info-Lithium battery works the way it should, i.e. it goes down to 3 minutes
    before the 'low battery' warning starts - buying an additional battery is
    expensive, but probably necessary. You'll need a card reader at some point
    or a 'PC card' as the USB camera connection takes a beating everytime you
    plug it in.

    Stewy, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Lee Bales

    Seymore Guest

    Seymore, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Lee Bales

    Larry Lynch Guest

    @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    says...
    The only "BAD NEWS" about memory sticks is the price,
    but if you shop (gird up your loins and go to Wal-Mart)
    you can find Lexar & Sony memory sticks hanging on a
    hook next to the 6-packs of film for less than 1/2 MSRP.

    Readers for 6 or more different kinds of memory
    (combined) can be had for <$20 (US) dollars. (SimpleTech
    all in one USB reader $18.88 (with detatchable cable)at
    Wal-Mart)

    Larry Lynch, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Lee Bales

    Hornbill Guest

    I have a Sony DSC P-8 and also have an old Nikon 995 bought few years back.
    I thought of buying a new Sony P-8 with a few things in mind.

    1. newer camera, newer technology... probably better.
    2. smaller camera.
    3. focus-assist illuminator light for use in dark.

    I am very disappointed.
    The pictures are not so clear as compared with my older "technology" nikon
    995. Very very prone to hand shake movement.
    Focus assist light not much better than the whitening in my old nikon.
    My nikon under any situation takes better pic than my P-8 Sony. I use them
    both under the same situation. I feel Nikon pics are sharper, better
    contrast.

    Sony P-8 better than Nikon 995
    1. Smaller.
    2. Can print date onto the picture IF you wants it. And you cannot do that
    with Nikon.

    Hornbill, Dec 25, 2003