    youlookhot Guest

    Can anyone explain why you can now buy this thing a Tiger Direct Ca for
    less than most place in the US?

    youlookhot, Jul 7, 2005

  2. youlookhot

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Why do you have a problem with that?

    Rudy Benner, Jul 7, 2005

  3. youlookhot

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Jul 7, 2005
  4. For one thing, differences in taxation. The price in the USA probably
    includes some sort of excise tax that was added at the manufacturer's
    level. Canada got rid of that type of tax more than a decade ago, but
    anything purchased in Canada by a Canadian resident will have 7% GST
    added to the retail price. Most provinces add some additional taxes to
    that as well. So if you compare after-tax price, it may not be cheaper
    at all.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jul 7, 2005
  5. youlookhot

    youlookhot Guest

    Pure horseshit "Getting rid of the excise tax?" - prices stayed the
    same then went up. Plus we pay 7% GST getting gouged even more. Are you
    a tourist to Canada? Kind of similar situation with gallons being
    replaced with liters. Instead of paying $4.00 a gallon we pay $1.02 for
    each LITER .....sounds and looks better.

    youlookhot, Jul 7, 2005
  6. youlookhot

    youlookhot Guest

    I was wondering if SONY was offering pricing adjustment for items
    distributed in canada, or maybe there was some other reason. Seems
    everything cost much more in Canada plus GST usually a total of 15%
    taxation. Nobody includes delivery in their prices.

    youlookhot, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Doesn't say that he or she has a problem with it. Just asked for an
    explanation.

    Claus P. Hastrup, Jul 10, 2005