    Hillen120 Guest

    I am looking for a DVD copy of Song Of The South - Is there anyone in the UK
    that can help? Please email off board

    Hillen120, May 28, 2004

  2. Hillen120

    Impmon Guest

    And about a million other people. I wasn't aware Song of the South
    has been released and I would like to have one as well. All I have
    are the VCD I burned from the video I downloaded and it's not good
    quality.

    Impmon, May 28, 2004

  3. AFAIK it has never been released, anywhere, on DVD. I have a PAL VHS
    copy of it, distributed by Buena Vista Home Video of Isleworth,
    Middlesex, England, so I can assure you that it exists in that format.
    It is 91 min. and is as good a quality as one can expect from VHS. It
    is my understanding that a short portion of Song of the South is
    included within the extras on the recent Disney released DVD of Alice
    in Wonderland, but I have not seen it to so verify.

    Charles
    nzvideos.org

    Charles Eggen, May 29, 2004
  4. Hillen120

    Mike Kohary Guest

    This movie would make an excellent candidate for a "Disney Treasures"
    release, complete with commentary and study about the controversial aspects
    of the picture.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 29, 2004
  5. Hillen120

    Paul R Guest

    I have the Laser Disc English-language version released in Japan back in
    1984-85.

    Paul R, May 30, 2004
  6. Hillen120

    john33907 Guest

    Most people seem to prefer the Hong Kong LD which has no subtitles.
    Unlike the Jap LD which has subtitles in the songs. I have both.

    john33907, May 31, 2004
  7. Hillen120

    drsd2kill Guest

    I made a hybrid DVD using the best elements of the Japanese LD, Hong Kong LD
    (no subs, but very soft, pale, and from a sped-up PAL course), and the restored
    sequence on the ALICE IN WONDERLAND LD and DVD sets

    drsd2kill, May 31, 2004