Sometimes one just has to be lucky

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by me, Mar 20, 2012.

  1. me

    me Guest

    me, Mar 20, 2012

  2. me

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 20, 5:22 pm, me <> wrote:
    > Serendipitous photo of a bald eagle carrying some nesting material
    > across the historic Yorktown, VA battlefield  crossing a US flag in
    > the background.
    >
    > http://edwardgruf.com/2012-03-17+18_eagle_pelican/slides/_DSC2848.jpg

    Really good. I saw a big hawk with a rat in its claws the other day,
    but I was in my car.

    RichA, Mar 21, 2012

  3. me

    Irwell Guest

    Irwell, Mar 21, 2012
  4. me <> writes:

    > Serendipitous photo of a bald eagle carrying some nesting material
    > across the historic Yorktown, VA battlefield crossing a US flag in
    > the background.
    >
    > http://edwardgruf.com/2012-03-17+18_eagle_pelican/slides/_DSC2848.jpg

    Very nice! You did your part of the job pretty well, too, so the luck
    wasn't wasted.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

    David Dyer-Bennet, Mar 21, 2012
  5. me

    me Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:43:10 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 20, 5:22 pm, me <> wrote:
    >> Serendipitous photo of a bald eagle carrying some nesting material
    >> across the historic Yorktown, VA battlefield  crossing a US flag in
    >> the background.
    >>
    >> http://edwardgruf.com/2012-03-17+18_eagle_pelican/slides/_DSC2848.jpg

    >Really good. I saw a big hawk with a rat in its claws the other day,
    >but I was in my car.

    That's the thing. I started out driving from the waterfront from the
    morning dog walk. Caught a glimpse of a large bird from behind, but
    couldn't initially tell if it was an eagle or turkey vulture until the
    light caught the tail. I pulled off onto the grass and grabbed the
    camera off the passenger seat and got a couple shots in sequence with
    this being one of the better ones.

    me, Apr 1, 2012