Sometimes Explorer vanishes along with the icons, but the icons come back

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desdemona, Dec 6, 2007.

  1. Desdemona

    Desdemona Guest

    Windows explorer simply vanishes... if I have it up twice, both windows go
    away... only the wallpaper remains... then the icons come back... and other
    program windows such as Sonic if running...

    But I have to run explorer again...

    I think it seems to happen when grabbing and moving a large (>1G) video file...
    but I'm not sure...

    Any ideas?

    Win XP Pro SP2
    Core 2 Duo
    7600GT video
    24" digital monitor 1920x1200
    2G ram

    The machine usually runs great - and it comes back seeming OK...

    But it's a real pain!

    Thanks

    Desdemona, Dec 6, 2007

  2. Desdemona