    Can't they declare it a hate group of some sort, hate against American
    citizens perhaps, and get them shut down that way? There has to be a
    way.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Oct 22, 2010

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Mike Easter Guest

    NPR is wrong. Fox and others are right. Juan Williams was not treated
    fairly for what he said where and how he said it.

    You seem to be on the wrong side of the fence here. You are a
    liberal/lefty and Juan Williams is a liberal commentator left of center NPR.

    Mike Easter, Oct 22, 2010

  3. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Just turn it OFF

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  4. President Obama has the power of the military at his command. Couldn't
    he use the military to simply prevent people from entering the Fox News
    headquarters?

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Oct 22, 2010
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    OldGringo38 Guest

    If they did something wrong of course, they do operate within the laws
    of the land, and put on a good show for those who watch. They have very
    high ratings and make lots of money.

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  6. Yeah but, they say things that aren't approved by the government and are
    not trying to help America.

    CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc... all do the right things and support Obama
    and the democrats, Fox doesn't.

    So, they should be stopped by any means necessary. Traitors to America
    deserve to be treated like the criminals that they are.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Oct 22, 2010
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    OldGringo38 Guest

    LOL

    OldGringo38, Oct 22, 2010
  8. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Anyone Guest

    In what way, exactly? Who owns and manages NPR's operation? Are owners
    and managers of NPR somehow not free to hire and fire anyone as they
    please? Does receipt of a paycheck somehow grant Juan Williams a right
    to do and say anything that pleases him on an NPR-owned network?

    Anyone, Oct 22, 2010
  9. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    JohnnyD Guest

    NPR didn't fire him over one incident.

    JohnnyD, Oct 22, 2010
  10. They didn't hang him... because ever since the Liberal Left's
    "Civil Rights" movement, you just can't do that anymore.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."
    -- Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any
    pretty white ladies who need some nurturing and survival guidance.)

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 22, 2010
  11. Sure, racism and bigotry are completely acceptable post 9-11.
    CITE? NPR isnt the bastion of liberal thought you think it is.
    I quit listening to it years ago when they started shifting over to the
    conservatwit side.

    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \[email protected]_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 22, 2010
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Mike Easter Guest

    NPR's coverage of the fallout is currently 'beating itself up' -
    self-flagellating - all over the place in its commentaries on the
    Williams issue.

    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/10/22/130759045/juan-williams
    On NPR: Harsh Criticism Over Juan Williams' Firing

    That's an article in NPR citing the numerous major news articles by
    people friendly to NPR taking NPR to task.

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130751882
    NPR Fires Juan Williams, Journalists React - Listen to the Story

    That's an audio stream on NPR Tell Me More in which the panel discusses
    the firing, mostly friendly to Williams, with one discussant drawing a
    very fine ethical line in which he side with NPR like a toady who is
    afraid of saying the wrong thing. According to his rules, Williams can't
    have an opinion or feelings.

    There is also more to what Williams said on the Fox show than just his
    fear of Muslim-garbed passengers on an airplane. He also said that we
    need to have a balanced view of Muslims and get over some of such fears.

    That angle was mentioned in the Tell Me More intro, but the audio didn't
    include that part like it included the other part which made a better
    soundbite.

    Mike Easter, Oct 23, 2010
  13. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    JohnnyD Guest

    As I said, Juan Williams was not fired for that one incident.

    If he had been fired for that one incident, I might agree that firing
    him was uncalled for.

    JohnnyD, Oct 23, 2010