Something like CafePress, Shutterfly Pro, Print Room

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by NJ, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. NJ

    NJ Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to start selling some of my photos and I have been comparing
    CafePress, Shutterfly Pro, and Print Room. I like CafePress, mainly
    because it fits in my budget! :) CafePress is free (no setup fees, no
    monthly charges, etc...). They just take a 'base price' out of your sales,
    so there are no out-of-pocket expenses upfront. I like Print Room because
    I can display my entire album, but I am unable to pay the $99 annual fee
    upfront.

    Does anyone know of other services like Print Room, but operate in the same
    way as CafePress, that you do not need to pay any fees upfront?

    Thank you :)

    Print Room:

    http://www.printroom.com/proFeatureBenefit.asp?

    CafePress:

    http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/

    Shutterfly Pro:

    http://www.shutterfly.com/business/galleries.jsp

    NJ, Dec 8, 2003

  2. NJ

    LauraK Guest

    I would like to start selling some of my photos and I have been comparing
    Try EZprints.
    http://www.ezprints.com
    I like them. No charge. You set prices and get a discount on their prices -- I
    think. There are various types ways you can do it.
    I like them because they'll send you prints from their machines that you can
    use to calibrate your monitor so you don't have to guess at how it's going to
    look when they print it.
    http://www.ezprints.com/help/CalibrationHelp.asp
    I've also had success with DotPhoto. With them, you set the price you want to
    charge and that's all the customer sees. They deduct their price from that and
    send you the difference.
    Again, I've gotten some nice prints from them and last time I used them they
    were free.

    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    web design, print design, photography

    LauraK, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Have you considered dotphoto.com?

    - jz

    Jeff Zawrotny, Dec 8, 2003
  4. NJ

    NJ Guest

    dotphoto and ezprint do not make it obvious how their "sell your prints"
    options work. Do you have any links or any other information?

    NJ, Dec 9, 2003
  5. NJ

    NJ Guest

    LauraK wrote in rec.photo.digital:
    Laura,

    Can you please provide more information about how EZPrints and DotPhoto
    work their photo reselling service? They do not have much information on
    their website.

    Have you used the above services?

    Thank you :)

    NJ, Dec 9, 2003
  6. NJ

    Brad Guest

    http://www.dotphoto.com/QwikAnswer.asp?ItemID=134

    Brad, Dec 9, 2003
  7. NJ

    NJ Guest

    Ok, thank you for the information

    NJ, Dec 9, 2003
  8. I got two great looking prints from ezprints a couple of months ago, but in the
    last few days, I've been hearing on dpreview.com printer's forums about
    multiple users suddenly having color problems from them. I haven't used them
    recently, so I can't say from experience about the colors.

    Michael Meissner, Dec 9, 2003
  9. NJ

    Brad Guest

    I'm pretty sure EZPrints uses Milecas. They produce great prints when
    they're on, but they are finicky like a woman.

    Brad, Dec 9, 2003
  10. NJ

    NJ Guest

    LauraK wrote in rec.photo.digital:
    It looks like ezprintspro is not accepting new accounts.
    I'll look into DotPhoto. Thank you for the information.

    Has anyone else used DotPhoto to sell their prints?

    TIA

    NJ, Dec 10, 2003
  11. NJ

    Sandy Guest

    And what about kodak's offering, ofoto?

    Sandy, Dec 11, 2003
  12. NJ

    Brad Guest

    I wasn't aware that they had a service for people to sell prints.

    Brad, Dec 11, 2003
  13. NJ

    NJ Guest

    They don't allow you to sell your prints.

    NJ, Dec 11, 2003