    Working on this one a LONG time,

    Thanks in Advance,
    fourstriper

    fourstriper, Feb 5, 2004

  2. fourstriper

    Unk Guest

    It's called a "favicon"
    It's usually stored in the root directory of the website you visit.
    Because it's on the website and stored in your Temporary Internet Files
    folder, when you clear the cache files, you lose the icon and it reverts
    back to the Windows default.
    http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/favicon.htm
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/Author/dhtml/howto/ShortcutIcon.asp

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004

  3. fourstriper

    °Mike° Guest

    The "favicon.ico" files are only kept in your temporary internet
    files folder until you clear the cache. To get around this, use
    FavOrg.
    http://digilander.libero.it/rareware/favorg.zip

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:05:33 -0500, in
    <meyUb.9769$>