    hourglass will go away and the task bar will work. If I log off and log on
    again, it comes up with no problems.

    Any ideas??

    Guest, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 6, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    yes .. make sure that you have updated your BIOS, some
    pc's will not work properly if the BIOS has not been
    upgraded, also make sure that you have exited ALL and any
    antivirus software during installion of Service pack 2,
    in fact any software that you are not using and is in the
    task bar, close where possible, run a system check, type
    chkdsl /f in the Run Box (from Start) .. try doing this
    under Safe Mode ( use the F8 key when booting your PC,
    you should be given an extra set of variables to use, use
    Safe Mode only, run a defrag whilst in safe mode and if
    you are using sayb Norton , run that as well, not all AV
    software will run in Safe Mode , Norton will) Hope that
    helps you

    Guest, Oct 8, 2004