    Belkin one but both give the same problems.

    Any help or advice would be greatly appretiated,

    Thanks

    callieandmark, Feb 13, 2007

  2. callieandmark

    ato_zee Guest

    When problems like this occur, it's worth trying
    static IP addresses for the gateway (your route
    to the outside world), and for the DNS (Domain
    Name Server - which is how URL's get converted
    to what the switches and routers understand).
    Both are usually expressed as dotted quads and
    in many cases that of your router.
    Windows Zero Config WZC can be known to
    get it wrong, which is when problems start to
    occur.

    ato_zee, Feb 13, 2007

  3. Unfortunately I cannot set a static IP for the DNS or Gateway as these
    are defined by my ISP. ANy other ideas ?

    callieandmark, Feb 14, 2007
  4. Hi
    Did you try to connect the computer to the Router through wire (instead of
    Wireless) to rule out Wireless stability problems?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 14, 2007
  5. Ive tried to connect by using the wire and i still get problems
    accessing some pages. Again i think it must be something on the router
    side of things as i can access anything using my old modem. Included
    in pages i cant access is www.microsoft.com.
    Strange huh ?

    callieandmark, Feb 19, 2007