    EMB Guest

  2. EMB

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Jan 10, 2008

  3. EMB

    none Guest

    Heh... and they still can't get their communications together.

    Network Status: There are no known major issues on the Xtra network.

    Find out more:

    Information on current Broadband issues

    Here's a summary of the current situation:

    Currently we are experiencing some Broadband issues on the Xtra Network.

    This means some customers will be unable to connect to Broadband at the
    moment.

    We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing and hope to have
    the situation resolved shortly.

    none, Jan 10, 2008
  4. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed: From here:

    http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=80346&fm=psp,tst

    "Aucklander Evan Fraser says his internet has been down since 7 o'clock last
    night. He says he works from home using the internet and the compensation he
    received for the last fault just was not enough.
    Evan Fraser says he will consider switching service providers if the faults
    continue."

    Thick indeed. He's already lost money, it's happening again and "he will
    consider switching providors if the faults continue".

    The mind boggles.

    ~misfit~, Jan 11, 2008
  5. EMB

    Richard Guest

    If he is indeed making money off the internet, then it would have being
    prudent to have an alternate supplier available to use, or to get a
    connection with a SLA rather then use adsl.

    Chances are the "making money" is just some small time trademe sales or
    something thats hardly going to be hurt much by being interrupted

    Richard, Jan 11, 2008
  6. EMB

    thingy Guest

    As a mate of mine says, "just another telco" ie they are all the same
    and all bad....

    I am setting a rather neat monitoring tool for my connection as I'm
    pretty p*ssed with Clear at the moment,

    http://www.thing.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 11, 2008
  7. Peter Jenkins, Jan 11, 2008
  8. EMB

    Matty F Guest

    Matty F, Jan 13, 2008
  9. Sometimes, the things you get for free are simply not worth what you pay for
    them :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jan 14, 2008
  10. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Bruce Sinclair" typed:
    Or, as my father used to say, (probably still does, LOL) They're almost
    always worth *exactly* what you pay for them.

    ~misfit~, Jan 14, 2008