some-keys-suddenly-stopped-working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by stamper.10, Sep 7, 2006.

1. stamper.10

stamper.10 Guest

Hello,

pardon-the-dashes-but-my-spacebar-is-screwy

my-right-arrow-key,the-numbers-three,four,and-six,the-odd-numbered-function-keys-and-my-escape-key-suddenly-stopped-working-after-many-years-of-good-use.The-spacebar-works,but-every-time-I-hit-it,the-right-mouse-click-menu-pops-up-also.I-think-there-are-some-other-oddities-as-well.Is-my-computer-about-to-die-on-me?What-shall-I-do?

Thanks-for-any-help,
    Brian
    p.s.it's-an-old-AMD-K(six)-2-00mHz-running-Windows-98.I-can't-afford-to-replace-it.

stamper.10, Sep 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. stamper.10

Cub Guest

Could it be maybe your keyboard nah.. to obvious... just eliminate it first

Cub

Cub, Sep 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. stamper.10

Whiskers Guest

Replace the keyboard.

Whiskers, Sep 7, 2006
  4. stamper.10

JANA Guest

I strongly SUGGEST you try another keyboard. If the new one works, bin the
    old one!

--

JANA
    _____

Hello,

pardon-the-dashes-but-my-spacebar-is-screwy

my-right-arrow-key,the-numbers-three,four,and-six,the-odd-numbered-function-keys-and-my-escape-key-suddenly-stopped-working-after-many-years-of-good-use.The-spacebar-works,but-every-time-I-hit-it,the-right-mouse-click-menu-pops-up-also.I-think-there-are-some-other-oddities-as-well.Is-my-computer-about-to-die-on-me?What-shall-I-do?

Thanks-for-any-help,
    Brian
    p.s.it's-an-old-AMD-K(six)-2-00mHz-running-Windows-98.I-can't-afford-to-replace-it.

JANA, Sep 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question