some interesting news for linux fans...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Jay Smith, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. John Jay Smith, Feb 10, 2006

  2. John Jay Smith

    Budweiser Guest

    Blue Gene/L should fit into half a tennis court, or about 1,400 square
    feet.
    Also using 440GX processor?--okay lots of them--well lots and lots of
    them--actually more than you could shake a stick at.
    At the end of the day,bet it doesnt have any usb ports to upload to your
    ipod.
    Wonder if it will run far cry without locking up?---hmm they didnt say
    about the graphics,probably going to use a geforce or summat--well if
    they can find somewhere to slot it in.
    IBM already has spent more than the original $100 million budgeted for
    the project ---so guess we wont see it for sale in staples in the near
    future---might be in maplin/radioshack coming soon section tho.
    I hope they put some of those funky neon lights on it--might aswell let
    the neighbours know you bought a new pc.
    Just pondering how you would wire all that into a 240v wall
    socket?--probably got to spur it off the street lights.

    :)

    Budweiser, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Not to worry John, couple of times I fell in the old News trap also.

    Cheers, [email protected]
    IBM details Blue Gene supercomputer
    By Stephen Shankland, CNET News.com
    Published on ZDNet May 8, 2003, 4:00 AM PT

    a..
    b.. Forward in
    c.. EMAIL
    d.. Format for
    e.. PRINT

    *[email protected]*, Feb 10, 2006
  4. John Jay Smith

    Rosco Guest

    Rosco, Feb 10, 2006
  5. old news is new news to the ones that have never heard it before.

    John Jay Smith, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Ever hear of those new-fangled things called servers?

    Margrave of Brandenburg, Feb 10, 2006
  7. John Jay Smith

    Rosco Guest

    John Jay Smith cried out
    Yes, I understand that but that post has been out for just a few
    months shy of three years...

    Rosco, Feb 11, 2006
  8. I have some old news that would interest you that is over 3000 years...

    Im not kidding...

    John Jay Smith, Feb 12, 2006