some basic commands please

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rich, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    all

    I inherited at a customer site a Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switch that
    hasn't been touched in about a year. My customer wants to use the switch for
    his 10/100/1000 internal LAN.....I have no experience with a switch like
    this. The switch 'has' the appropriate Ethernet cards in the slots. The
    terminal I'm plugged into has on the same slot card a PCMCIA card is
    installed also.

    I have the Cisco terminal cable hooked to a Windows Hyperterminal session,
    upon hitting enter I get to a cursor. What I need to figure out is

    how to assign the ports the proper speed for the workstations attached to
    it......I need at a minimum

    20 - 100mb full duplex ports
    and
    5-1000mb ports

    if anyone has experience with this Switch, all help graciously accepted.

    --

    Rich

    Frustrate the evildoers, lead a good and prosperous life

    my AOL instant messenger shhhbalto

    All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good people to stand by and do
    nothing.....Edmund Burke

    Rich, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Rich

    Hansang Bae Guest

    set port speed 2/1-48 100
    set port duplex 2/1-48 full

    or

    set port speed 2/5 100
    You get the idea.

    Also, you'll need to assign it to a proper vlan (if you have any)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Apr 8, 2004