    connection. (e.g installation of software)

    Any ideas? (I have disabled firewall temporally whilst we troubleshoot)

    Roga

    roga, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Doug Sherman [MVP], Oct 2, 2005

  3. roga

    roga Guest

    Thanks for the respnse, the url you gave led me to: http://tinyurl.com/9f44e
    which I will try and report back on.

    BTW:
    1) Your urls became split in my outlook express newsreader, perhaps you
    could use a shorter form in future (see my tinyurl above)

    2) You appear to have pasted 2 identical urls, did you intend the second
    one to point somewhere else?

    Roga

    roga, Oct 3, 2005
  4. Doug Sherman [MVP], Oct 3, 2005
  5. I have not tried this myself but I came across this Group Policy setting
    that may help under computer configuration/administrative
    templates/system/netlogon - expected dial-up delay on logon. I would start
    at two minutes [yes that is long] just to see if it works on a test computer
    and then tweak the setting from there if it helps. --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Oct 4, 2005
  6. roga

    Dave Ashe Guest

    Are you using 802.1x?
    If so, then the computer boots, and cannot see the domain controllers until
    after the user authenticates into the wireless network - this is after the
    computer *would* have authenticated (on boot), and after the user *would*
    have authenticated (on login.)

    Dave Ashe, Jan 27, 2006