Some "anti-virus" site BLOCKED my access to Goggle site thus caused "blaster"??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Black Tractor, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Hi..

    I'm not sure if there's any link to it but this is kinda funny, as mentioned
    in my subject l suspected there's a link between the both.

    My colleague's PC is infected by "blaster" virus.

    Unfortunately, l could not get rid of it by using "fixblast" tool from
    symantech..

    Initially, l thought i got rid of it by installed the lastest AVG on his PC
    (which it detected quite a number of "trojan horses" and managed to heal
    them all)

    But while doing a throughout scan . the "blaster" symptom poped up again
    (frankly speaking, the net access was there while the scan is done and
    number of "trojan" did managed to get thru again and healed.)

    So l decided to unconnected the net access and run the "fixblast" tool
    again, though it "claimed" it did not detected any of it.. but the dreaded
    "dialog box" pop up again and again while doing the AVG scan...

    Sorry for the messy description but that's how it happened...

    How should l deal with it??? thanks
    BT

    Black Tractor, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Black Tractor

    Evan Platt Guest

    Reboot into safe mode, run the scan from safe mode.

    Evan Platt, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Black Tractor

    Trax Guest

    |>But while doing a throughout scan . the "blaster" symptom poped up again
    |>(frankly speaking, the net access was there while the scan is done and
    |>number of "trojan" did managed to get thru again and healed.)

    Your not running a firewall are you? and if you are it's not working.

    Trax, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Other than ZoneAlarm.. is there any other type of "free firewall".. as
    another friend claimed ZA is too "powerful" that some of the sites he
    visited can't be access..thanks

    BT

    Black Tractor, Feb 23, 2006
  5. There are numerous free firewalls. I've been using Kerio for years.
    http://sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 24, 2006
  6. Black Tractor

    Trax Guest

    |>Other than ZoneAlarm.. is there any other type of "free firewall".. as
    |>another friend claimed ZA is too "powerful" that some of the sites he
    |>visited can't be access..thanks

    ZA should be fine (I use it), I was just wondering why "number of

    Trax, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Black Tractor

    Whiskers Guest

    Perhaps your friend should be asking why Zone Alarm apparently stopped
    him from accessing those sites ;))

    Whiskers, Feb 24, 2006