SOLVED - Error code 14001 - this application failed to start becausethe application configuration is

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by jameshanley39, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. A msgbox comes up , when trying to run an executable, after installing
    an app, and the msgbox says
    "
    Error code 14001 - this application failed to start because the
    application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application
    may fix the problem
    "

    Reinstalling doesn't help.
    I didn't bother to look in the registry to remove things, that would
    have been a last resort.
    The app had been installed in teh past and windows xp removed and
    reinstalled (I guess when doing that it keeps the "program files"
    directory then, (and I think documents and settings - just adding
    whatever profiles to it). Obviously the windows directly had been
    replaced..
    But none of that was the cause. People have had this error without
    that.

    The solution, was
    to do with the software using " MS Visual C++ Library " and there
    being some clash between it and the MS Visual C++ already
    installed.

    This may then have affected that software, and systems with the .net
    framework installed (I had to install the .net framework to get msklc
    to work, msklc is good program, useful to some). Maybe the .net
    framework uses MS Visual C++

    The solution one person posted was to clean/uninstall the Microsoft
    Visual C++ redistributable.
    I didn't look for it.. But I saw another solution that said Install it

    SIMPLE SOLUTION!
    "
    Try installing this
    http://www.softdevlabs.com/Hercules/vcredist_x86.exe

    "

    It worked.

    note- I guess MS Visual C++ redistributable is a bit like VB Runtime
    files, or java runtime environment. It is a core of the language, to
    allow programs to run. Programmers/Developers using that language
    would have a more complete thing with tools to compile the language
    and more. But users just need certain core files.

    I got the error trying to install regex coach A great program for one
    who is not familiar with regex, or learning it. And wants to just get
    a regex sorted out as a one-off. Or wants to figure out how regex
    works in detail. Just a great tool. The linux grep command (which
    can be run in windows with cygwin) can use regex, and so I think can
    ms word.

    jameshanley39, Jul 21, 2008

  2. jameshanley39

    steveyzhang Guest

    It's great. The issue have been resolved by this method. Thank you
    very much.

    steveyzhang, Aug 18, 2008

  3. pleased to hear it

    jameshanley39, Aug 18, 2008