    Thanks
    Dan
    ..

    Dan DeConinck of PixelSmart, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Dan DeConinck of PixelSmart

    PhotoMan Guest

    There should be specific instructions and warnings in the manual.

    PhotoMan, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Dan DeConinck of PixelSmart

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Dan DeConinck of PixelSmart"
    This describes the ever popular 'swab with Eclipse' method (which I use, as do
    most people I know) ...

    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning ... or
    http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/ ... both are trying to sell you a swab
    stick, I've used the Copper Hill one and it works fine but if you want to try
    to make your own from a Wendy's butter knife try this site ...
    http://www.birdsasart.com/bn134.htm

    This site has a rundown of various techniques, though they conclude the swab
    method is likely your best bet ...

    http://www.photo.net/equipment/digital/sensorcleaning/

    This is a relatively new product with great potential, I hope ... I'm going to
    try it soon.

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/visible-dust.shtml

    The D70 and Canon 10D sized sensors aren't too bad, be glad you don't have a
    full-frame sensor like the Canon 1Ds or the Kodak 14n/c ... these seem to
    attract dust about 10x as often.

    Be careful, take your time and you'll be able to get the spots out.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Dan DeConinck of PixelSmart

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Is there a method to clean dust off the CCD filter in the Nikon D70?
    The manuals say 'try to blow it off', which doesn't work well. Then they say
    'if this doesn't work send it to the factory', which also doesn't work well
    (takes too long and often is in the same or worse condition when returned).

    They are worried about liability issues if you try to clean it yourself and you
    scratch the filter.

    Bill Hilton, Nov 9, 2004