    March 29. Even better: help us with advertising it by creating a link
    from your site.

    Enjoy solar-eclipse-2006.info !

    astrofan, Mar 10, 2006

  2. astrofan

    swrsteph Guest

    cool !

    swrsteph, Mar 10, 2006

  3. astrofan

    Colin D Guest

    Bummer. Nowhere near my part of the world.

    Colin D.

    Colin D, Mar 10, 2006
  4. For the record, and from that site:

    ==============
    The path of the Moon's umbral shadow begins in Brazil and extends
    across the Atlantic, northern Africa, and central Asia where it ends at
    sunset in western Mongolia. A partial eclipse will be seen within the
    much broader path of the Moon's penumbral shadow, which includes the
    northern two thirds of Africa, Europe, and central Asia.
    ==============
    Seeing that site is missing the photography info currently, why not
    check out an old effort of mine:

    http://www.erdb.org.au/syzygy/photo.htm

    It's a bit geared towards film, but it mostly still applies. If you've
    never seen an eclipse.. well, just don't die before you make the effort
    to get to one. The images cannot convey what the feeling is, to
    actually witness the event.

    Ironically, after creating the above tips on how to photograph the
    eclipse, I cleverly broke my ankle and wasn't able to travel to the
    event! But I did see one back in 1976.

    mark.thomas.7, Mar 10, 2006
  5. astrofan

    astrofan Guest

    Mark,

    The information on your page is very nice.

    May I import this information into the photography page on the eclipse
    site, giving you due credit of course?

    Best,

    James

    astrofan, Mar 10, 2006
  6. That's absolutely fine. It desperately needs a 'digital update'
    though.

    The old email address on that site no longer works, but my email
    address here (mark.thomas.7 at gmail.com) is valid if you wish to
    discuss anything.

    regards,

    mark t