    span than 2 years and less than 50 burns. Can anyone recommend a stress
    tester or diagnostics program that can tell me the likely state of the
    drive.

    Gravel Rash, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Gravel Rash

    ooyah Guest

    hello

    most commercial cd recording software has a test option which simulates
    recording an image/files to a cd without ruining the blank cd - errors will
    be reported that maybe of help. failing that there is sisoft sandra, amidiag
    ( i'm sure there are plenty of others ) that are hardware diagnostic
    packages that could tell you something

    cheers

    ooyah, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Try another CD rom to see if the problem goes away.

    BananaPannaPoe, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Gravel Rash

    MTB Guest

    Try SiSoft Sandra Light, its free - you may find it available to download
    through CNET.COM

    Good luck with it,

    MTB, Jul 10, 2003