    place.

    Thanks in advance.
    JJ

    JohnJ, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Weeelllll....aren't we special! You must be very proud of yourself. I could
    never have done such a thing...but if I had I would have wanted more than
    just a pat on the back. I might want to get paid for it...are you wanting to
    get paid for it? Maybe I would make it shareware....I have my nicer
    days....I might do that. But if that is your plan then what are you...some
    sort of Republican? Telling people you can provide what they need but not
    telling them how to get it?

    Gene Palmiter, Nov 16, 2004

  3. JohnJ

    Harvey Guest

    Huh?

    Harvey, Nov 16, 2004
  4. JohnJ

    Will M Guest

    Dude, he's an Australian. It's not like he has anything to sell

    And politically, Australia are largely apathetic

    Will M, Nov 16, 2004
  5. JohnJ

    JohnJ Guest

    Correct on all 3 points.
    JJ

    JohnJ, Nov 17, 2004
  6. JohnJ

    JohnJ Guest

    Have you stopped taking your Lithium lately?

    JohnJ, Nov 17, 2004
  7. JohnJ

    Crownfield Guest

    made no sense to me, either.

    Crownfield, Nov 17, 2004
  8. This, ladies and gentlemen, may well be an example of how too much self
    abuse can affect one's reading comprehension and attitude. In addition,
    I think Gene might need a hug. :)

    JohnJ is _looking_ for a program which can do this. He has not
    developed one.

    BJJB

    BillyJoeJimBob, Nov 17, 2004
  9. The ImageMagick tools can do this (http://www.imagemagick.org) with the -draw
    option. Something like:

    mogrify -fill gold -pointsize 30 -draw 'text 1400,1100 "%s"' *.jpg

    Note, this will overwrite the files in the current directory, so make sure the
    files are a copy of the originals (or use convert one at a time to convert and
    move).

    Michael Meissner, Nov 17, 2004
  10. JohnJ

    Robert Barr Guest

    ?!

    .... as we swerve violently onto a nonexistent off-ramp into the ditch of
    thought processes...

    Robert Barr, Nov 17, 2004
  11. JohnJ

    Frank ess Guest

    I think Gene is a good guy who will return momentarily and apologize for
    inadvertently letting some illiterate dolt abuse his computer
    privileges.

    Frank ess, Nov 17, 2004
  12. JohnJ

    JohnJ Guest

    Thanks Michael
    Looks too hard to me. I'm looking for something designed for idiots (like
    me), maybe with a GUI, and therefore much easier to use. If nothing else
    comes up I'll give the imagemagick stuff a go.
    Thanks.
    JJ

    JohnJ, Nov 17, 2004
  13. Well...it would make more sense if you had far too little sleep and misread
    it as the OP having created such a plug-in and then not mentioning where to
    get it....in other words....nope...makes no sense at all....sorry....never
    mind!

    Gene Palmiter, Nov 17, 2004
  14. The newsgroup gets asked for this sort of thing all the time....now....I am
    not a programmer....but aren't the basic concepts for this being used when
    we Auto-Create a Contact Sheet with Photoshop? The script recognizes the
    name of the file and puts it in the image area. Anyone know how that
    scripting works? What command looks for the file name? Can it look at EXIF
    information too? I have no doubt that someone in this group can do this in
    an hour. How about it.

    Gene Palmiter, Nov 17, 2004
  15. JohnJ

    Don dunlap Guest

    I think that it may have been intended for another thread. It is completely
    out of context for this one.

    Don Dunlap

    Don dunlap, Nov 17, 2004
  16. JohnJ

    JohnJ Guest

    It would make a great plugin for Photoshop too, obviously there's a need for
    it.
    JJ

    JohnJ, Nov 17, 2004
  17. That's too hard? What you've just been given is a command to do it all in
    one step. Anything with a GUI would be much slower going.

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 17, 2004
  18. JohnJ

    Hunt Guest

    You are correct, as PS CS's Contact Sheet II function prints the file name as
    a caption on the contact sheet. Adobe has a "wish list" for PS on their Web
    site. This would be a good feature, and one that ALMOST exists now. Maybe if
    enough ask for it, CS's replacement will offer it, built in.

    Hunt, who's off to Adobe's site right now!

    Hunt, Nov 17, 2004
  19. JohnJ

    Nigel Rowe Guest

    ImageMagic (http://www.imagemagick.org), and you can't knock the price.

    Nigel Rowe, Nov 17, 2004
  20. JohnJ

    Matt Ion Guest

    I use one called EyeBatch, from www.atalasoft.com - provides numerous
    batch-processing options and will 'stamp' with all manner of options,
    including selectable EXIF data.

    Matt Ion, Nov 18, 2004