    there software which will indicate the noise levels of a imaging file? If so,
    could someone be as so kind as to indicate which software will do this for me?

    Thanks

    Justin F. Knotzke, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Standard deviation (it's often part of a histogram display) of a
    uniform out-of-focus gray patch of given levels can be used.

    If you really want to test image quality, you could give Imatest
    (www.imatest.com) a try. Look over the info of that website, it has a
    lot of info.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Sep 9, 2004

  3. I shall. Thank you very much for the link.

    Justin F. Knotzke, Sep 10, 2004