Software Synoptics LattisRing 2715b Remote Software.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Howard Huntley, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. I am looking for the software to talk to SynOptics LattisRing 2715b
    over the network??

    Howard Huntley, Aug 27, 2004

  2. :I am looking for the software to talk to SynOptics LattisRing 2715b
    :eek:ver the network??

    SynOptics was bought out by BayNetworks, which was in turn bought
    out by Nortel. Nortel has, despite hard times, not been bought out
    by Cisco.

    The most directly appropriate newsgroup for your question would
    be comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks but the equivilent nortel newsgroup
    might be helpful too.

    It appears from my research that the device speaks RMON and
    SNMP. That makes it a 'managed' device in the industry lingo.
    There isn't necessarily any special software (I can't tell whether
    the device has any configuration parameters at all -- though it
    must at least have an IP address.)

    Start, then, by using an SNMP browser and see what you can find.
    Of course you'll need a token-ring network to do the experimentation
    over...

    Walter Roberson, Aug 27, 2004