    As per title amy suggestions welcome

    Cheers

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Jeremy

    EMB Guest

    Run a firewall in your LAN and use it to disable internet access on a
    time of day basis - IPCop certainly does this, and I believe Smoothwall
    does as well.

    EMB, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Jeremy

    Shane Guest

    and I believe Smoothwall does as

    It should if its a Linux (using cron + a script to dial up (assuming a
    dial up connection)
    I presume windows scheduling could be used to the same effect

    Shane, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Hi Yes I forgot to mention Running Xp

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Jeremy

    Nova Guest

    Sygage will let you setup time based rules so you can just tell it to
    disable the internet during whatever hours you want.

    Nova, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Jeremy

    Mark C Guest

    NetLimiter (www.netlimiter.com) will throttle connections down to
    1KB/s according to a schedule.

    Mark C, Aug 17, 2005
  7. Hi Yes I forgot to mention Running Xp
    Write a batch file using appropriate netsh commands and use the scheduler to
    run it.
    One batch file to disable, another to enable. There's nothing better than
    the satisfaction of DIY 8)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242468

    Jekyll and Hyde.

    Jekyll and Hyde, Aug 17, 2005
  8. Jeremy

    Richard Guest

    How about a hardware one? Plug your switch into a mains timer

    Richard, Aug 17, 2005
  9. heh, awesome, often the simplist solution is the best.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 17, 2005