    finishing time order.

    And no this is not a commercial money making exercisers just a help out
    for a fun event

    collector«NZ, Oct 26, 2007

  2. I'm thinking either a Shell script using this
    <http://johnst.org/sw/exiftags/> or a Python script using this
    <http://pyexif.sourceforge.net/>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 26, 2007

  3. yep possibly but of course I do not use Linux for this sort of thing and
    writing scripts (even using the I386 exe) is not exactly my forte

    collector«NZ, Oct 26, 2007
  4. collector«NZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    I wrote an article about this:

    http://hindesite.wordpress.com/articles/re-sorting-image-files-using-renamer/

    Renamer is at http://www.den4b.com/projects.php

    And of course, Irfanview will do this as a batch process - see the help
    section for placeholders when using the batch rename options. File>Batch
    Conversion/Rename>Batch rename. Irfanview may only use the file date and
    time, rather than the exif date and time (I'm not sure, and for your
    purposes it may not matter).

    HTH

    -=rjh=-, Oct 26, 2007

  5. I humbly withdraw any comments I may have made about the usefulness of
    advice on Usenet :)

    You are exactly on the nail with this renamer on a quick look looks like
    it will do what I need.

    My camera clock will be wrong (in terms of actual UTC type time) as I
    will set it to 00:00:00 at race start, that way competitors will be able
    to locate there image by knowing there race duration time which we give
    them from RFID chip timing. I break the library of images up into half
    hour length albums and viola they can find it easy. There are many other
    neato things we can do using race time as well so it will be a lot of
    fun experimenting.

    BTW my searches using google where less than productive because I hadnt
    included the term "metadata"

    collector«NZ, Oct 26, 2007
  6. collector«NZ

    Keith Guest

    My Canon Powershot comes with a transfer utility called "CameraWindow".
    It allows you to rename on transfer. Your choices are FilePrefix+No;
    DateInfo+No; DateInfo+Prefix+No; DateInfo+Prefix+No.

    Won't this do?

    Keith, Oct 27, 2007
  7. collector«NZ

    Keith Guest

    If I read this more carefully, obviously not, as you're after time data!

    Keith, Oct 27, 2007
  8. collector«NZ

    Gordon Guest

    I withdraw humbly any comments.. (Adverb comes after the verb)

    Good grief, ng are like the media; hype, bullshit, and drivel abounds.
    Nevertheless there is some real gems in amongst it all. Focus on the gems
    not the rest. Then this ng and the readers would gain.

    Gordon, Oct 27, 2007
  9. collector«NZ

    d Guest

    Metamorphose is a free, open source mass file and folder renaming
    program that combines great flexibility with an intuitive interface.
    Allows many different renaming operations in a single utility, perfect
    for those of us that need to rename large numbers of files and/or
    folders on a regular basis. However, the ease of the interface ensures a
    one-time user (I need to rename 5 gigs of mp3's) will not find it too
    frustrating to use.

    http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=Metamorphose

    D.

    d, Oct 27, 2007
  10. No because it doesnt name the file according to the Hours Minutes Seconds

    collector«NZ, Oct 27, 2007