    the mainline-archive on cisco.com nor in an other section.

    Thanks.

    Kay

    Kay Martinen, Dec 29, 2009

  2. There's a release note on Cisco.com for 12.0(5)XP. It looks like it
    was a special first test release of 12.0 for the 2924XL/3524XL line
    after the 11.2 series of code that had been in use prior.

    Any X train in IOS revs is usually 'eXperimental', and this was meant
    as one release, no further revisions until the normal train went into
    production.

    I would say there is no such document that you are looking for. Its
    unlikely Cisco would have done up documentation for one special test release.
    Even the majority of their docs (excluding the Catalyst line) don't
    specialize so much on one specific rev, pushing out rev specific
    things to the release notes.

    Anyway, you'd probably be unable to tell what extremely minor
    differences might be between 12.0(5)XP and 12.0(5)WC. I'd guest that
    99.99% of the code base is the exactly the same, and anything you find
    that is different is most likely a bug or something that got added at
    a later time by some feature rev. Likely 99% of what you'll do on the
    box is exactly the same.

    I wouldn't obsess over it, there's really not much difference between
    the 12.0 code revs for the 2924xl/3524xl's.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 29, 2009

  3. As has been mentioned, you're unlikely to find a comprehensive manual.
    If you rely on the Web UI, however, I believe that the 12.0(5.1)XP release was
    the last one to work properly with either Microsoft's JVM or Sun's. Later
    releases seem to have much more exacting requirements for the JVM version and
    vendor. Newer Cisco hardware (at least in the switch dept.) seems to provide
    much less functionality via Web UI, and relies much more on the IOS command
    line (assuming you're not using a network management application of some sort,
    which largely makes the issue moot).

    Regards,
    Mike
    --
    | Manager for Networking, Admin.
    Michael T. Davis (Mike) | & Research Computing: CBE/MSE
    http://www.ecr6.ohio-state.edu/~davism/ | The Ohio State University
    | 197 Watts, (614) 292-6928
    ** E-mail is the best way to contact me **

    Michael T. Davis, Dec 31, 2009