    Am I looking at using Flash here, or something from Adobe? Does anyone use
    similar software. Hopefully it wouldn't be too expensive, although that's
    not really the issue right now.

    gigajosh, Jan 8, 2004

  2. gigajosh

    Harrison Guest

    Adobe Acrobat will do everything you've described and more.

    Harrison, Jan 8, 2004

  3. gigajosh

    gigajosh Guest

    Thanks, I'll check it out. :eek:))

    If anyone else has more suggestions - please do (suggest)

    gigajosh, Jan 8, 2004
  4. gigajosh

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Jan 8, 2004
  5. gigajosh

    Trax Guest

    |>I'm looking for software for creating large interactive system diagrams,
    |>that has features such as being able to click on sections of the diagram,
    |>and that zooms in showing a more detailed diagram of that particular part of
    |>the system. Also a desired feature is the possibility of clicking on a
    |>system component or connection to bring up a document describing that
    |>component or connection. Also things like being able to print off copies of
    |>the diagrams, documents from within the software would be a must.
    |>Am I looking at using Flash here, or something from Adobe? Does anyone use
    |>similar software. Hopefully it wouldn't be too expensive, although that's
    |>not really the issue right now.

    Something like this:

    $$ SmartDraw is the easy-to-use program that lets anyone draw great $$
    $$ looking flowcharts, diagrams, forms and other business graphics. You $$
    $$ don't have to be an artist to get results with SmartDraw. $$
    $$ SmartDraw automatically aligns shapes, lines and text. Its unique, $$
    $$ built-in library of design styles lets you pick professional looking $$
    $$ color schemes, shadows, and textures for your drawings with the click $$
    $$ of a mouse. Libraries of SmartDraw Symbols provide an unlimited $$
    $$ selection of clip-art that you can edit or add to. $$
    $$ SmartDraw works as a stand-alone program, and as part of Microsoft $$
    $$ Office and other programs that support Object Linking and Embedding $$
    $$ (OLE). You can insert a SmartDraw drawing directly into Microsoft $$
    $$ Word for Windows, using the Insert Object command. With the $$
    $$ Professional version of SmartDraw, you can also insert Office $$
    $$ documents, like graphs, equations, and spreadsheets into your $$
    $$ drawings as SmartDraw symbols. $$

    Trax, Jan 8, 2004