    bundled software has this "flaw" ? I hope it is just the older
    generation of cameras/bundles that do this.. since I think it is
    unacceptable.

    un Edge, Nov 28, 2004

  2. JPEG is lossy.

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 28, 2004

  3. un Edge

    un Edge Guest

    < JPEG is lossy.
    <

    I realize that JPEG is not the ideal format, but it suits well for
    viewing and small prints. The problem with loss in rotation is that
    there are widely available applications that have "lossless" JPEG
    rotation. It's also easier to work with smaller files (JPEG vs TIFF)
    since they do write to camera memory faster, and saves time uploading
    online, especially for slower connections or connections with slow
    upload speed.

    un Edge, Dec 1, 2004
  4. un Edge

    Big Bill Guest

    There are a bunch of ways to do lossless rotation of JPEG images.
    Google for "lossless jpeg rotation" (sans quotes) to find some.

    Big Bill, Dec 1, 2004