    to support it.

    thanks
    anand

    anandsekar, Apr 26, 2005

  2. anandsekar

    Pepperoni Guest

    Pepperoni, Apr 26, 2005

  3. anandsekar

    anandsekar Guest

    I was looking at the adoreinfotech's softphone, however no where on
    their site they mention the cost of it.

    Has anybody used their phone ?

    anandsekar, Apr 26, 2005
  4. anandsekar

    anandsekar Guest

    Is is possible to use adoreinfotechs softphone with a sipphone account
    or a fwd account ?

    anandsekar, Apr 26, 2005
  5. anandsekar

    Pepperoni Guest

    It only supports SIP. SIP minutes are available from numerous sources. One
    good site which I sometimes use is
    http://www.sipphone.com
    Configuration help is in the forums.

    You will need minutes for use calling PSTN lines. Sipphone acts as your
    gateway and service provider.

    If you use FWD, why not use SJPhone? They have a ready-made FWD profile
    that will make configuration simple. I use SJPhone with my Vonage
    account---- no problems, whatsoever. Registration is *FREE*. A screenshot
    of the Vonaage skin is here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/vonagesjphone.jpg
    I don't know what the FWD skin looks like; the stock skin looks quite plain,
    but the software functions well.

    Pepperoni, Apr 27, 2005
  6. anandsekar

    anandsekar Guest

    SJPhone which i dowloaded from FWD does not have the option of changing
    codecs, I think 729 is only available in the paid version. I think I
    have just two options to purchase xten or sjphone. The reason I want
    729 or 723 is because I want to use this softphone over a dialup
    connection. Any idea how g729 performs over a dialup connection ?

    thanks
    anand

    anandsekar, Apr 27, 2005
  7. anandsekar

    Pepperoni Guest

    I have no experience with SIP over dialup. I do feel that voice quality is
    generally better with the SJ product than using XTen.

    The quality of a dialup connection can vary widely. I would suggest that
    you test voip over dialup to see if it is even workable.

    Pepperoni, Apr 27, 2005
  8. anandsekar

    anandsekar Guest

    Thanks a lot ! Would try some tests