    prominently advertised on Youtube.

    Why? I keep hearing Firefox is the last word in browsers. What's
    special about Google Chrome?

    brassplyer, Jan 2, 2009

  2. brassplyer

    Big_Al Guest

    brassplyer said this on 1/2/2009 12:51 PM:
    If a BMW is so good, why make a Ford or Chevy or Volkswagen or any other
    car?

    Big_Al, Jan 2, 2009

  3. brassplyer

    brassplyer Guest

    With cars there are issues of affordability that are moot with free
    browsers.

    Mega-Corporation Google has obviously invested resources in developing
    and promoting this browser when there are already many free browsers.
    Makes me wonder why.

    One thing that sticks out from what I've read so far to distinguish it
    is that it does worse than several other browsers regarding certain
    security issues.

    Is there anything it does better than also free Firefox?

    brassplyer, Jan 2, 2009
  4. brassplyer

    Peter Guest

    I think that Chrome is just one of the things Google is preparing for
    cloud computing.

    Peter

    Peter, Jan 2, 2009
  5. brassplyer

    Peeassha Guest

    Google Chrome is there to appease the plebiscites. There will always be a
    group of daft morons and Google Chrome was written specifically for these
    peons.

    Peeassha, Jan 2, 2009
  6. brassplyer

    Aardvark Guest

    And for googling the difference between plebiscite and plebeian.

    Aardvark, Jan 2, 2009
  7. brassplyer

    BillW50 Guest

    In SgtMinor typed on Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:37:43 -0500:
    Actually no! People have told me they are going to kill me too. But they
    never did yet. I guess you don't know the difference between a figure of
    speech and literal, do you?

    --
    Bill
    2 Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2

    BillW50, Jan 2, 2009
  8. More browsers means competition and you get better browsers. It's a
    win-win situation for the consumers.

    « Agent 007 ½, Jan 2, 2009
  9. brassplyer

    Sinner Guest

    No, you just get morons inappropriately cross-posting their inane questions.

    Sinner, Jan 2, 2009
  10. brassplyer

    Big_Al Guest

    brassplyer said this on 1/2/2009 1:25 PM:
    My point is: disregard the cost, since IE/FF/Chrome are all the same
    price, people drift to one or the other for feature. Just one of the
    many reasons people drift to one car over another, feature, feel, look.
    Few people look behind the works, to the security, durability.
    Most people look at what's up front.

    Big_Al, Jan 2, 2009

  11. "Plebescites"? You might want to look up the meaning of that word.

    Ken Blake, MVP, Jan 2, 2009
  12. brassplyer

    Unknown Guest

    To make money of course.

    Unknown, Jan 2, 2009
  13. brassplyer

    Unknown Guest

    Not everybody is as smart as you.

    Unknown, Jan 2, 2009
  14. brassplyer

    Peeassha Guest

    Don't try to use *big* words on me chrome dome.

    Peeassha, Jan 2, 2009
  15. Don Lancaster, Jan 3, 2009
  16. brassplyer

    ZnU Guest

    Except the Safari development builds: http://nightly.webkit.org/

    ZnU, Jan 3, 2009
  17. brassplyer

    thanatoid Guest

    I wonder why...

    <SNIP>

    thanatoid, Jan 4, 2009
  18. brassplyer

    chrisj.doran Guest

    Not necessarily. It may just be a waste of human resources. Couldn't
    Google's software team have used their time better developing
    something the consumers don't already have umpteen of?

    Chris

    chrisj.doran, Jan 5, 2009
  19. brassplyer

    Ryan McNeece Guest