    pretty dear in the meantime, as well as on again, off again.

    Any suggestions for other contenders?

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 30, 2005

  2. Peter Huebner

    Shane Guest

    You might want to add your district, as there are a few ISP's that are
    location specific (eg. wireless ISP's seem to be 2 per town)

    Shane, Jul 30, 2005

  3. I am with Iconz, in Devonport, using DSL:, the 59 dollar version. I have
    always been happy with them. Technical support is available during the week
    after hours, but not Sundays if I remember correctly.

    Henry

    Henry Falkner, Jul 30, 2005
  4. Rural Northland (very rural, Hokianga to be exact, not the one in
    Welly).

    Talking of Welly, how's Actrix going? Their deal seems to vary
    considerably from most of the others if I understand it right: datacap
    of 700Mb daily ?!? That's way better than what I normally need ..... Do
    they still have a good newsfeed?

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 31, 2005
  5. Peter Huebner

    Jeremy Guest

    Hi Peter

    I like you have left Bordernet, (shame they seemed to have it together
    but I can get adsl). I went with Actrix, I was unsure of how there
    throttling and held desk would be after seeing all the hiccups Ihug had
    setting up and maintaining accounts. So I only signed up for 1 month I
    paid the 99$ setup fee and thought well if they suck I'am outta here.
    but there service is excellent you can email them and get a reply in
    5mins, ring the help desk and likewise get a reply in minutes not tens
    of minutes. I am on the Cyberjet 2Mb plan and the throttling is as
    advertised after the cap it limits to 64Kb/s and at 12 exactly reverts
    to full speed, there data usage page appears to be accurate and there
    news service appears to work as well as others.

    I don't think you will be disapointed

    Regards

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Jul 31, 2005
  6. Peter Huebner

    Enkidu Guest

    Actrix are still pretty good. I've been with them since Adam
    was a lad. Their latest ADSL thing comes in different
    flavour, and the one I will be getting is "capped" at
    350MB/day. But after 350MB, it's not charged for. You get a
    speed reduction. The newsgroups are pretty good, I've not
    noticed any missing posts or any other strange occurrences.
    I'm also going to use their tolls thing. It's a bit more
    expensive than iHug phone, but I'm not too worried about that.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 31, 2005
  7. Peter Huebner

    geopelia Guest

    I like xtra.

    geopelia, Jul 31, 2005
  8. Peter Huebner

    Squirrel Guest

    me too, occasional issue, but nothink like, shall we say Paradise
    seems to have. I have my phone, broadband, Sky and Cell phone plan
    all with Telecom, makes it so much easier for paying bills.

    Squirrel

    Squirrel, Jul 31, 2005
  9. Peter Huebner

    Gordon Smith Guest