    repercussions? Is there perhaps a chink in the armor? There are some things
    I disagree with in the postings from the MCNGP, but you have my respect
    most of the time.Why are you guys putting up with the poser?

    Zenner, Aug 17, 2004

  2. poser?

    ShhhH!!! You are going to ruin the big surprise.

    Due to the imposter using the web interface, Microsoft
    needed to address the issue. They obtained the IP address
    of the user and used that to determine the ISP being
    used. The ISP has been contacted and they are creating
    an "abuse log" of sorts... basically, documenting the
    number of violations the user has enacted against the
    agreement policy. Basically, this goes into a database
    that ISP's use in determining whether or not they accept
    users onto their network. They will soon find out that
    they no longer have internet access, and most major ISP's
    not willing to allow them on their network.

    In closing... It is being taken care of.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Zenner

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    message
    Last I heard (yesterday), MS had contacted his ISP (but wouldn't tell me
    which one) to give them a formal complaint, and put it in their hands. I
    really wish they'd told me what ISP it is (was?) so that I could lodge
    formal complaints as well, but I suppose MS has more pull than I do in this
    matter.

    Anyway, it is being taken care of, yes.

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Zenner

    JaR Guest

    But for Ghod's sake don't tell anyone!

    JaR
    Sekrit Thug

    JaR, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Zenner

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    someone from microsoft legal team called me about this earlier today. what
    do you guys want me to tell them?

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 17, 2004
  6. Zenner

    Guest Guest

    so, so lame

    Guest, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Zenner

    Guest Guest

    haha, i will never be cought

    Guest, Aug 17, 2004
  8. Zenner

    Doom Guest

    I still think the imposter is William Shatner.

    Doom, Aug 17, 2004
  9. Zenner

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Good, I'm glad they've gotten ahold of you. I had a message from Jack at the
    MS legal team (is he the one that got to you?) on my voicemail, but haven't
    been able to call them back - partly because I don't know what to tell them
    either. But I guess just let them know that they should watch their message
    boards more closely and to keep an eye out for "Web-posting Consultant", and
    have them continue to put pressure on his ISP. I guess you could also try to
    get them to divulge the name of his ISP so we can make contact with them.
    They'll probably give you some right to privacy nonsense, but insist that
    Consultant's privacy has been breached as well, as he is a victim of
    identity theft (although, luckily, Troll-sultant hasn't stolen any money
    from him).

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 17, 2004
  10. Zenner

    Doom Guest

    Hey guys, I really think this thread should continue on the super sekrit
    site. You don't want to give too much info to the imposter.

    Doom, Aug 17, 2004
  11. Zenner

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Good point. Guess I'll stop now, and let MS and his ISP deal with it.

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 17, 2004
  12. Zenner

    JaR Guest

    Can't be. Shatner isn't even that good of an actor.

    Besides....If....it was.............Shatner........his......
    .......posts............would..........look like....
    .......this!

    JaR
    Thespian Thug

    JaR, Aug 17, 2004
  13. Zenner

    Doom Guest

    The scary thing is his acting is great compared to his singing.

    Doom, Aug 17, 2004
  14. Zenner

    JaR Guest

    Oh, $Deity! I'd forgotten about that. Yes, compared to his singing, he
    was a regular Barrymore. LOL!

    JaR

    JaR, Aug 17, 2004
  15. Zenner

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    that makes sense. identity theft is pretty big these days. they must have
    gotten together with some of the major financial institutions and are
    cracking down on possible leads. i guess the thinking is, if the imposter
    is doing it here, he must be doing it elsewhere too. i don't really want to
    get involved. i will stay out of it. let constulant and the legal guys work
    it out.

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 17, 2004
  16. Zenner

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    agreed. lets move this into the members only site. we could be interfering
    with the legal process somehow.

    rowdy

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 17, 2004
  17. Zenner

    Mike T. Guest

    Hey....Mr. Tambourine...Man.....play...a song....for...me...

    Mike T., Aug 17, 2004
  18. Zenner

    C-Z-J Guest

    Right... because in the BIG scheme of things going on in
    the world today, a bunch of geeks calling themselves
    the "MCNGP" are really *that* important?? Ok...

    In the spirit of the Greek Olympics, have you lot ever
    heard the story of a guy called Narcissus? Perhaps he was
    the first MCNGP member??

    C-Z-J, Aug 18, 2004
  19. Zenner

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 18, 2004
  20. Zenner

    Consultant Guest

    HELP ! I don't have internet access anymore ! MY GOD !

    SCREW U A$$HOLES !

    (Fake) Consultant.

    Consultant, Aug 18, 2004