    ihug[fullstop]co[fullstop]nz
    (yes, really <g>)
    ***************

    Peter Huebner, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Peter Huebner

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Peter Huebner said the following on 7/11/2004 21:12:
    Ah another google bomb same as french military victories

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    A lie can travel halfway around the world
    while the truth is putting on its shoes.-Mark Twain
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
    can always depend upon the support of Paul."...George Bernard Shaw

    Collector_NZ, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Peter Huebner

    Murray Guest

    It is VVG, but it is not really an error message, just a page that someone
    has made available to look like an error message. The URL of the page is
    <http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk>.

    Murray, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Yupp, I realize that. I was just wondering out loud what hoops you have
    to jump through to make google pop your page up in that fashion (pun
    intended(I assume you followed the link at the bottom of the page)).

    -P.

    --
    ***************
    direct replies to peters[underscore]spambot[at]

    Peter Huebner, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Peter Huebner

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Peter Huebner

    Ralph Fox Guest

    If you want to know how they got Google to do this,
    read this Wikipedia page for a good explanation:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb

    FYI there are others, e.g. "French military victories".

    Ralph Fox, Nov 7, 2004
  7. It seems like Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:27:41 +1300 was when Peter Huebner
    The "I'm feeling lucky" button takes you to the first page, which
    happens to be a page that looks like Google (in the case of french
    military victories).

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 8, 2004
  8. Peter Huebner

    Warwick Guest

    I am not sure, but the page is very old. Been at least a year since I first
    saw it, tho the wild blue yonder link was emailed to me, rather than the
    product of a search.

    Maybe it has just had more hits than any other page containing those
    keywords?

    Warwick, Nov 10, 2004