    everytime). If I continue to use the auto white balance, do I need to
    compensate for the brightness (+1.5-2) or will the awb take care of
    it. Just wondering what you have experienced. TIA.

    TigerMoon, Nov 9, 2003

  2. TigerMoon

    Nils Rostedt Guest

    TigerMoon wrote ...
    We've had snow only once here so far. On a grey day and a snowy scene some
    compensation is certainly needed (+1-1.5) just as with film. The histogram
    view is a superbly handy tool to dial in the right amount of compensation.
    Set the review function to On(Info) to see the histogram immediately after
    each shot. When the sky starts clearing, be ready to reduce the exposure
    compensation.

    To my knowledge AWB does not affect exposure in any way.

    When shooting raw, there is always the additional possibility to compensate
    afterwards in the raw converter. This further reduces the number of unusable
    shots, compared to film.
    /N

    Nils Rostedt, Nov 9, 2003

  3. TigerMoon

    John Guest

    You are mixing up white balance and exposure. The white balance (color
    temperature) should work fine. Depending upon the metering mode you use, you
    will have to increase the exposure by between 1-2 stops.

    John, Nov 10, 2003