snmpwalk for switch port status

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by sky, Nov 17, 2009.

  1. sky

    sky

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    Can anyone point me in right direction for a perl script that will snmpwalk the MIB for switch port status whether "up" or "down" including total number of ports available?

    I have approximately 400 switches that I would like to query via script and pipe the results to a file.

    I'm currently querying it manually (see below) which is not scaling :)

    $ snmpwalk -c <community> <host_ip> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus | grep down

    Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

    regards
    sky

    sky, Nov 17, 2009