    without being fed propaganda. It's how you get the unthinking masses
    into a sufficiently bloodthirsty mood. I think recent history
    well demonstrates that that general rule still holds.

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 8, 2009

  2. Where on earth did you get that piece of silly propaganda from? That's
    not how the inspectors worked. Nobody would have paid any attention to
    them if they'd been as stupid as that. Did you never read or see a
    single interview with a UN inspector explaining how they worked? And
    in particular explaining how they dealt with the obvious problems of
    paperwork being destroyed or falsified?

    If you're really prepared to believe what you wrote then you're an
    excellent example of what D.H. Lawrence feared would happen if mass
    education went so far as to teach stupid people to read and write.

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 8, 2009

  3. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And now you're reduced to lying.

    Get help.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 8, 2009
  4. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    The people who actually were in Iraq, investing various sites,
    checking on informatyion supplied by the US.
    You're a dumbshit bigot who blindly accepts anything the government
    tells you. Which would be okay if it wasn't for the fact that you
    want to kill innocent people as a result.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 9, 2009
  5. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    The people who actually were in Iraq, investigating various sites,
    checking information supplied by the US.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 9, 2009
  6. You saw those concentration camps photos before the end of the war?

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 9, 2009
  7. Common sense doesn't get you very far when dealing with nuclear
    technology. That's why we had to invent science. We're not talking
    about warehouses of stolen goods here. We're talking about the
    facilities to develop the weapons grade plutonium for nuclear weapons,
    and the nuclear weapons themselves which weren't stored, but were in a
    sufficient state of readiness to be deployed in fifteen minutes.

    And why were there not more inspectors on the ground? Because the US
    had been refusing to pay its UN dues for years, and now when they
    "wanted" the UN to do something, they were also refusing to pay for
    it. They could easily have had more inspectors if they'd been willing
    to pay. But they refused. And also said the UN inspectors were working
    too slowly and they'd have to send the troops in before they finished.

    What does your common sense tell you about that situation? Mine tells
    me the US wanted the inspectors to be too slow and the inspection
    incomplete.

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 9, 2009
  8. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Especially as many of them were from the USA... including former US
    military people... Is Bill really suggesting that US nuclear and
    military people are unreliable?

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  9. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    They were given all the US information on where they were... If they
    could not find them then the US "proof" of WMD was clearly wrong.

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  10. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Walter Banks Guest

    Bill,

    You are into research, might want to check what the Koran really says about this.

    w..

    Walter Banks, Sep 9, 2009
  11. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    Graham is into doing research like ChrisH is into supporting his
    "facts" by cites.

    tony cooper, Sep 10, 2009
  12. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    frank Guest

    Except the inspectors had all the major intelligence services helping
    them go find all those things Saddam wanted to hide.

    A big part of the problem was Saddam pretty much destroyed everything
    in 95 or so. He just didn't tell anybody as he didn't want Iran to
    know. And decide to cross the border again and this time probably wipe
    him out.

    Were there WMDs in the 80s?Yup. 90s, maybe, 95, no.

    Inspectors found where there used to be labs, where stuff used to be.
    Lots of paperwork. That was reported, Bush decided to ignore it. He
    wanted to be a 'war president'.

    After the Gulf War, the intell was pretty much Saddam was a crazy MF
    who would do anything to get WMDs. That scared the hell out of
    everybody.

    If the dumb SOB would have told the US, hey, don't tell the Iranians
    I'm getting rid of this crap, we probably wouldn't have invaded Iraq.
    But he didn't.

    And the FBI got that without ripping out his toenails.

    frank, Sep 10, 2009
  13. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Why? Even with the US intelligence services providing assistance and
    free access to Iraq records and military installations you claim that
    the inspectors weren't able to find anything because of lack of
    manpower?
    Because there wasn't anything.

    But wait, you bigots always believe you're right, even when the actual
    facts prove you wrong. If there was no WMD found it MUST be because
    somebody's fault. It cannot be because there were no WMD.

    It's a kind of insanity with you.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 10, 2009
  14. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And are you a terrorist who will be murdering Christian in America?
    Or are you just a racist/religious bigot who hates brown-skinned
    Muslims?
    Who is it that wages war?

    You.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 10, 2009
  15. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    stephe_k Guest

    Actually it seems it's usually people who are WAY past the age of being
    calling to go themselves.. I like how he says "my hand" like he is going
    to be doing the fighting...

    Stephanie

    stephe_k, Sep 10, 2009
  16. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Of course they did not find anything! The information on where they were
    came from the US intelligence agencies that had the "evidence" there
    were WMD that was used to go to war

    So the evidence that Saddam had WMD's was good enough to go to war on
    but not good enough to find any trace on the ground.....

    BTW the UN said if it had a few more weeks it could conclusively prove
    there were no WMD. Yet the US Pulled the support for the inspectors and
    rushed to war (where there was no threat to the US or anyone else for
    that matter, from Iraq.

    Chris H, Sep 10, 2009
  17. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Don't confuse him with reality. Both the Bible and the Koran promise
    the same because they are from the same root. In fact the Bible (OT) and
    Koran have 5 books in common. Mary (the mother of Jesus) figures in the
    Koran far more than the Bible.

    Chris H, Sep 10, 2009
  18. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    What Tony said to me when I explained my sources to him was:-
    Basically he wants to ignore anything that disagrees with Fox
    propaganda. Even from eye witness accounts from UK forces and
    Intelligence people. He only understands things with a web page. If it
    is not on the web it is not real.

    Chris H, Sep 10, 2009
  19. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    As usual, Chris, you are off-base. I'm not solidly in either group,
    but I am more of a liberal than I am a conservative*. I don't watch
    the Fox programming that deals with the political spectrum**.

    My comments to you about looking up sites about your (often outlandish
    and inaccurate) statements are about fact checking and not how you go
    about it. The web is just a link to sources that provide facts.
    Before you make some ridiculous claim about unemployment figures in
    the US, you should check the US Department of Labor's statistics.
    It's not important that you use the web to find those statistics, but
    it is the only practical way for you to do so and the web makes this
    easy to do.

    Your buddy network is not reliable because your buddies are people who
    share your thinking, your positions, and your pre-conceptions. You
    aren't buddies with people who have a different perspective than you
    do. You are getting echoes and not the necessary diversity of
    opinion.
    All you and your buddies are doing is reinforcing the opinions you
    started out with.

    What would you think if Bill Graham started to cite the opinions and
    observations of his network of friends as "fact"? You know that a
    nutcase like Bill is going to value the opinions of other nutcases and
    disregard the input of people who aren't wearing the same tinfoil hats
    that he does.

    * I distrust people who say they are liberal or that they are
    conservative. No one who really thinks out all of the issues should
    take either position on all issues. The thinking person is liberal in
    some areas and conservative in others.

    ** I don't know that you know this, but Fox operates a television
    channel that carries entertainment programs. The "Tracey Ullman Show"
    and "Arrested Development" come to us on Fox. I like, and watch,
    both. So, I can't say I don't watch Fox. Shows like "The O'Reilly
    Factor" are carried on a separate Fox channel that I don't watch at
    all.

    tony cooper, Sep 10, 2009
  20. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    The news came to me on my lunch hour. I was sitting in Tad's
    Steakhouse on the corner of Van Buren and Wabash in downtown Chicago.

    It was before the time of cell phones and everyone having access to
    the internet. The news rippled out by word-of-mouth. I could see,
    from my window seat in Tad's, pedestrians stopping other pedestrians -
    complete strangers - and passing along the news. I remember the looks
    of complete disbelief and people rushing into places that had radios
    or television sets. Tad's had a small black and white TV near the
    cash register and people were so crowded around it that the door was
    blocked.

    All we were getting was the early reports...that JFK was shot at and
    possibly wounded. It wasn't news of an assassination; it was news of
    an attempt on the President's life. The news of the seriousness of
    the injury, and his death, came much later in the day.

    tony cooper, Sep 10, 2009