    Nice pics.

    Hey, while you were in Afghanistan you didn't happen to see a fat
    Australian sailing on a boat did ya?

    Annika1980, Aug 30, 2009

  2. Ya think?

    David Nebenzahl, Aug 30, 2009

  3. Of course the then-Communists (USSR, now Russia) had a lot to do with
    Afghanistan. They invaded the country, thinking to subdue it, fought to
    a standstill and eventually left, basically in defeat.

    Just like the British before them.

    Just like us, eventually.

    David Nebenzahl, Aug 30, 2009
  4. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Larter Guest

    Yeah, like Faux News.

    Bob Larter, Aug 30, 2009
  5. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    You America-hating morons are quick to spout that crap about the US
    gvernment, but you never seem to notice that your only alternative is
    to do what brutal corporations want.

    You want to whine about somebody? Look in the mirror.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 30, 2009
  6. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And all the US had to do was provide evidence that he was the same OBL
    that was supposedly in Afghanistan.

    I wonder why he hasn't been caught yet. After all, it must have been
    really important to justfy invaing another country and killing
    thousands of innocent people.

    "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't
    care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

    Ray Fischer, Aug 30, 2009
  7. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    DRS Guest

    [...]
    That attitude is a major cause of US military failure. To wit, remote
    surveillance of a mountain in Afghanistan persuaded US intelligence the
    insurgents there had been destroyed. When an Australian SAS patrol went
    there on foot they promptly got into a firefight with the non-existent
    insurgents. And the US wonders why it can't win asymetrical wars despite
    being the world's most powerful country.

    I leave the problematic nature of the assumption that the US should "police
    the world" to the reader.

    DRS, Aug 30, 2009
  8. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    DRS Guest

    [...]
    Patton was a self-aggrandising idiot. The Soviets would have creamed the
    Allies in 1945. The only areas in which the Allies were superior to the
    Soviets were logistics, artillery and communications. The Soviet airforce
    was qualitatively and quantitatively as good as ours and their heavy armour
    was to ours as a Hummer is to a Mini. They had more seasoned combat troops
    too.

    Of course, that begs the question of just why a liberal democracy would want
    to "take over the world" anyway.

    DRS, Aug 30, 2009
  9. I see! Thanks for explaining that. I was always puzzled why the US
    hadn't put the necessary effort into chasing down the terrorists who
    had hit the twin towers. But what happened was the US govt noticed
    that there was a nasty dictartorship somewhere else in the world that
    was murdering its citizens, and with commendably unselfish generosity
    decided they could pull back some of the military resources needed for
    getting the bin Laden gang and help those poor people overthrow their
    dictator.

    Wouldn't it be a good idea to deal with our own enemies first, before
    helping other peoples to get rid of theirs?

    Chris Malcolm, Aug 30, 2009
  10. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    Liar

    mikey4, Aug 30, 2009
  11. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    WOW !!! you mean there is more than one??? How many Ray 2 or 3 or more???

    mikey4, Aug 30, 2009
  12. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Annika1980 Guest

    Yeah, that sounds great. Now what happens in a few years if China or
    Iraq or Iran gets these drone aircraft and decides to fly them over
    our country? Heck, it doesn't even have to be a foreign country ...
    it could be some well-funded paramilitary group.

    Annika1980, Aug 30, 2009
  13. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    Yeah, that sounds great. Now what happens in a few years if China or
    Iraq or Iran gets these drone aircraft and decides to fly them over
    our country? Heck, it doesn't even have to be a foreign country ...
    it could be some well-funded paramilitary group.

    You hope our air defences are good enough to see them coming.

    mikey4, Aug 30, 2009
  14. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    J. Clarke Guest

    Well, if we have to lose as many as the Russians before we leave then we're
    going to be there for the next couple of centuries.

    J. Clarke, Aug 30, 2009
  15. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    J. Clarke Guest

    I think you missed an important one.

    J. Clarke, Aug 30, 2009
  16. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    J. Clarke Guest

    You'd be happier if they got hit by a drunk driver on the way home from
    work?

    J. Clarke, Aug 30, 2009
  17. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    DRS Guest

    Not in April, 1945, when the Allies and Soviets met face to face.

    DRS, Aug 30, 2009
  18. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    You are an idiot.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 30, 2009
  19. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    How many people are named "mike" in the world, moron?

    Ray Fischer, Aug 30, 2009
  20. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Probably accidentally, but you left off two zeros.
    In the case of Bush, it's both.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 30, 2009