Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kulvinder Singh Matharu, Aug 26, 2009.

  1. Excellent photos, despite the lens loss. Well done;-)

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Aug 28, 2009

  2. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Han Schutten Guest

    You're too modest when you call your album "Snapshots". Beautiful
    collection.
    Those who like the atmosphere or the landscapes might be interested in my
    images of Pakistan - taken in the era of slides and slide scanning ....
    www.hsphotography.nl, go to the english section.

    Han Schutten, Aug 28, 2009

  3. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Roberts Guest

    No, the Afghanis have done all the harm by wanting people to come save them
    from themselves. Nobody has ever stopped them from just saying "no". It's
    what responsible adults do. Those that love to manipulate the world by
    choosing to "play victim" do what Afghanis and all the other middle-east
    cultures do.

    This conversation alone shows how far reaching their manipulative "poor me,
    I'm a victim" tactics go. There's much more interesting things to discuss
    in the world than this. Your nightly news has been hijacked by the
    middle-east cultures all your lives just because of how well the "poor me,
    I'm a victim" act works to manipulate you. Just as it is now hijacking this
    newsgroup with this off-topic bullshit. They have built all their religions
    and cultures on that very principle of self-victimization. That's all it
    is, that's all they are. That simple, that stupid, that effective, and you
    all fall for it all of your sorry ignorant manipulated lives.

    Solution: You completely ignore anyone who is using self-victimization
    tactics to manipulate you. They don't even exist until they find healthy
    and adult ways to get your attention again. If they get desperate and want
    to go so far with their self-victimization as to kill themselves? FINE! Go
    for it! Darwinism at its finest! I love it! Nothing better! Problem solved
    on its own! Their genetic defects finally gone from the earth! Our news
    would be so much better for it in the future.

    Just thought I'd enlighten all of you before going back to something
    photography related.

    Bob Roberts, Aug 29, 2009
  4. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    Chris gets his information on world affairs and politics from a select
    group of people. Most of it comes from chats with his mates, and the
    rest comes from interviews he reads in his mate's blogs.

    tony cooper, Aug 29, 2009
  5. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Don't need to read.. Just talk to some of the people involved.
    !!!!! Now I know you aren't serious.
    Not according to everyone but the USA.

    Chris H, Aug 29, 2009
  6. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    The facts say otherwise.

    Chris H, Aug 29, 2009
  7. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Pakistani politicians... those in government
    I have no communist friends.. BTW the communists don't figure in this at
    all.

    Chris H, Aug 29, 2009
  8. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    No idea really. Wasn't oil this time.
    So it has taken over 8 years so far and the current word from the US
    commanders is "at best we can draw but not win"

    Chris H, Aug 29, 2009
  9. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    One would expect a fascist to say that. Another claim is that
    everyone who has been killed must have been a terrorist. Even if they
    were a mother an infant child.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 29, 2009
  10. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    There was no "support". The Afgan gvernment was demanding evidence
    that OBL was involved. The US refused to provide the evidence.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 29, 2009
  11. When Bush refused to hold it in a court of law he spat on the flag, the
    constitution, both houses, the judicial system, and the financial
    institutions that depend on all of the above. I don't think he missed
    spitting on anything that the USA used to stand for. He and his whole
    cabinet should have been impeached and hung until dead, right then and
    there. Instead, blinded by their puerile patriotism, they all applauded.

    Frank Carsted, Aug 29, 2009
  12. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    As should have been Johnson, Nixon, Kennedy, Carter, you name them; as well
    as most of both houses.
    Our two party system has been a joke for a very long time. There is only
    "them" and "us" and it is up to "us" to vote "them" out.
    Congress and the senate create the deficits and then campaign against their
    comrades who helped create the mess and WE the voters fall right into the
    BS.

    mikey4, Aug 29, 2009
  13. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    Putz

    mikey4, Aug 29, 2009
  14. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Another one of your typically well-reasoned arguments.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 29, 2009
  15. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Corporate propaganda.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 29, 2009
  16. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    How does it feel to be the pot? Schmuck

    mikey4, Aug 29, 2009
  17. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    Liar

    mikey4, Aug 29, 2009
  18. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest

    Thank you. I knew there were a few I left off..... well, may be more than a
    few.

    mikey4, Aug 29, 2009
  19. First of all, it's "Afghans", not "Afghanis".

    No oil, but some of the bones of contention there were, and are, *gas*
    pipelines proposed across Afghanistan, basically between the landlocked
    Caspian Sea and the Arabian sea, so that gas could be extracted without
    passing through Russian territory. All part of the "Great Game".

    Note to Bill Graham: you'd come off as less of an idiot if you bothered
    to read something on the subject before shooting off your mouth. I'd
    highly recommend Ahmed Rashid's /Taliban: Militant Islam and
    Fundamentalism in Central Asia/, written just after 9/11.

    David Nebenzahl, Aug 29, 2009
  20. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Annika1980 Guest

    Wow, who ever thought I'd ever be agreeing with Ray Fischer and
    Nebenzahl in the same thread?

    BTW Nebenzahl, this post is off-topic for photo groups.

    Annika1980, Aug 30, 2009