    theirs.

    The was has also helped to cripple the US economically and lost it most
    of its friends diplomatically.

    Chris H, Sep 22, 2009

  2. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    I suggested some 8 years ago, continuously since roughly what the US
    commander suggested this week. I fact I think I put it in this thread
    last week....

    More troops on FOOT patrol doing hearts and minds.
    Not shooting at civilian as soon as they hear a bullet.
    Not using drones and 500lb bombs

    This will increase the body count short term but will deliver a US win
    long term. However I doubt the US military has the skills to do it.

    Chris H, Sep 22, 2009

  3. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    After all, what's a few hundred billions dollars and many thousands of
    lives lost?
    There weren't and WMDs.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 23, 2009
  4. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    The ones killed by the US?

    Ray Fischer, Sep 23, 2009
  5. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Most of those were killed with the help of the USA.
    since then the death toll in Iraq (with the US providing security) has
    been higher. Iraq is less safe now than with Saddam in charge.

    Chris H, Sep 23, 2009
  6. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    No I de-briefed a lot of them during the Iran-Iraq war. Did I not
    mention I have been to Iraq?

    Friends on mine have been working in Iraq in 2006-8 in the north of
    Iraq. Working on information gathering.

    Also I see plenty of news reports. The vast majority say the situation
    is far worse that with Saddam, no electricity, no water, far more
    dangerous on the streets. And that is in the towns and cities.

    Democracy is a concept that has no bearing on the reality of day to day
    life. Also it is, as you mean it, a foreign concept that does not fit
    their culture. Day to day life is far worse than under Saddam. The death
    rate is far higher under US "security".

    You appear to have been watching the propaganda again.

    When were you last in the ME?

    Chris H, Sep 23, 2009
  7. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    If the Conservatives in the US are concerned about the welfare of the
    citizens of other nations, there are countries with worse problems
    than Iraq. Places like Somalia and Dafur. If they could only
    discover oil in these places, the human rights interest in their
    citizens would be of prime importance.

    tony cooper, Sep 23, 2009
  8. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Just because there are no US forces there is nothing on US TV.

    The Aid agencies have been in there and working hard for years. Then the
    US arrived in Somalia.... the death toll after the "blackhawk down"
    incident was over 1500 dead Somali civilians unless you are going to
    suggest as per the film that all the dead women and children were
    carrying guns (that just disappeared in the day light).

    Chris H, Sep 23, 2009
  9. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    The ends justofy the means. It's okay to criminally invade another
    country and have millions of people die if it's for the "good cause"
    of overthrowing the government and installing one friendly to your
    government.

    I'm sure that the nazis had similar reasoning while attempting to
    conquer the world.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 23, 2009