    Chris could have made a reasonable point by saying that a crowd
    estimated at 750,000 protested. That's a significant number. But, he
    has to indulge in his usual hyperbole and pump up the figures.

    tony cooper, Sep 12, 2009

  2. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Too soon to say that about Obama. Bush said OBL wasn't important.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 12, 2009

  3. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I now you're a stupid asshole.
    No, idiot, there isn't.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 12, 2009
  4. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I know you're a stupid asshole.
    No, there isn't. Not when it comes to crowds.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 12, 2009
  5. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Other people put it at 2 million

    Chris H, Sep 13, 2009
  6. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    The Police only estimated the single march.... Many went strait to the
    rally at the end of the march. Every non Met Police estimate was 2
    million in total.

    Not to mention the other meetings around the country and the millions
    who protested in other countries across the world. In Spain the number
    against the was was 95% which is why at the following election the
    ruling party lost all it's seats.

    Chris H, Sep 13, 2009
  7. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Is that the best you have got?

    The Met police estimated the *march* at .75 million... everyone else
    said over a million. The police did not give a figure for the rally at
    the end of the march.... many went there direct and all estimated were
    over 2 million.

    However like most American Republicans you are arguing one minor point
    and ignoring things Bill says like

    Moving the dates of conflicts by a decade (or two)
    Getting conflicts in completely the wrong order... where the cause and
    effect is important

    Actually moving whole ethnic groups and conflicts by thousands of miles
    thus making his claims completely wrong and showing he has no idea of
    which groups are where, how they are interacting and in fact the whole
    general picture he gets is wrong....

    HE talked about destroying the *one* training cam in Afghanistan (they
    were multiple in Afghanistan and Pakistan and other places)

    Al-Qeada were NOT in Iraq and did not have training camps, and
    certainly not where he was suggesting I know I was in that region.

    Bill puts whole groups in the wrong place and on the wrong side.

    If you really want to know come over to uk.current-events.terrorisum
    where it has all be discussed in depth.... not that's right you won't
    because like most American Republicans you don't want to know the truth.

    Chris H, Sep 13, 2009
  8. That kind of difference in demonstration numbers is not unusual in
    politically sensitive demonstrations in the UK. The more politically
    sensitive the demonstration the lower is the police estimate of
    numbers compared to other sources. The highest estimates of course
    come from the organisers. Don't you get the same kind of differences
    in reported numbers in the US?

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 13, 2009
  9. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Miles Bader Guest

    Yes, it's very common.

    -Miles

    Miles Bader, Sep 13, 2009
  10. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Larter Guest

    Exactly right, Tony. It's a shame that Faux News airs the rantings of so
    many nutbags.

    Bob Larter, Sep 13, 2009
  11. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Larter Guest

    So declare war on Saudi Arabia & invade them - that's where the 9/11
    terrorists came from, & where they were funded from. If America did
    that, I'd cheer them on. Iraq did nothing to deserve being invaded.

    Bob Larter, Sep 13, 2009
  12. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Larter Guest

    But you did. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. If you'd attacked the
    country that provided the terrorists & the finances for the attack, I'd
    agree that retaliation would be (at least somewhat) justified.

    Bob Larter, Sep 13, 2009
  13. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Larter Guest

    You lost when the first car-bomb went off.

    Bob Larter, Sep 13, 2009
  14. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Larter Guest

    Yeah, we Aussies are tough bastards. ;^)
    Hell, just talk to any Yank after s/he has spent a few weeks in another
    country.

    Bob Larter, Sep 13, 2009
  15. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Bob Larter Guest

    On the bright (?) side, the death camp photos proved that Hitler
    deserved to be destroyed, & completely justified the Nuremberg Trials.

    Bob Larter, Sep 13, 2009
  16. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Where "another country" != Canada or Mexico :)

    Chris H, Sep 13, 2009
  17. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Nice Post.

    But from a European perspective, The Netherlands has become almost
    unrecognizable in recent years due to an extreme conservative backlash
    (though the Dutch extreme conservatives are light years away from U.S.
    Radical Right Wing lunatics).

    Germany is now what The Netherlands was 15 or so years ago (sorry for
    any Dutch reading this) in tolertance, social system and so on...

    Even the Scandinavian model seems to be weakening in Denmark, though
    that is hopefully only temporary.

    Though as a U.S. citizen abroad, I have no desire *at all* to return to
    the "Mother Country" (and I have lived - 6 months or more - in 9
    different countries).

    Rol_Lei Nut, Sep 13, 2009
  18. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Yes... But training people against Sadda,
    I know I was there... However the camps were Kurdish and Iranian. That
    is why Saddam hit out at them.
    Hardly... One of the main aims of Al-Qeada was to remove Saddam. Then
    put a pro Iranian government in power. They could not do that but got
    the US to do it for them.
    As they were trying to remove him (and were pro Iranian) he never helped
    them. They were trying to kill him.
    Well most of the world is now not pro-America, or Pro-Isreal (who by the
    way have more war crime and human rights violations agaisnt them than
    any other country ).

    The Saudis are friends with most people despite having a regime similar
    to both Afghanistan and Iran. SO the US is more guilty hipocracy than
    most

    Chris H, Sep 13, 2009
  19. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    Of course it's not unusual and of course we have the same situation
    here. Here, like there, only fools believe the numbers provided by
    the organizers and the hard-line sympathizers. Chris is not doing
    much to shore up his credibility when he uses inflated figures.

    tony cooper, Sep 13, 2009
  20. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    Let's see your cite, Chris. You know, the link that shows that you
    are not pulling figures from your ass. A link, like you asked Bill to
    provide to back-up his statement.

    What's you've intimated above is that the Met down-played the numbers.
    Why would they do that? The demonstration cost the Met thousands, if
    not millions, of pounds in over-time pay, transportation costs to
    bring in personnel from out-lying areas, and costs to bring in gear
    for the personnel. Would they be likely to justify these massive
    expenditures by *under-estimating* the numbers?
    Let's see your cite, Chris. You know, the link that shows that you
    are not pulling figures from your ass. A link, like you asked Bill to
    provide to back-up his statement.

    "What has some local inter-party politics of a foreign country got to
    do with photography?" ChrisH - 13 September 2009

    tony cooper, Sep 13, 2009