    mentionerd rather prominently in the Koran, it has no "books" in common
    with the Bible.

    - Solomon

    Stuffed Crust, Sep 10, 2009

  2. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    J. Clarke Guest

    In fact it really has no "books" at all--it's not organized that way. But
    in the Koran, the Bible is "the Book" and Jews and Christians are "people of
    the Book".

    When reading the Koran you have to be very careful about who is being
    discussed--"people of the Book" are different from the pagan
    polytheists--many critics of Islam don't underestand this distinction.
    Apparently some Muslims don't either.

    J. Clarke, Sep 10, 2009

  3. In which case I don't understand your point. We were discussing the
    propaganda that justifies a war to the public before and during the
    war so that the public is behind the war effort. So you became
    convinced it was a good war to have fought by facts that came to light
    after the war was over. Not propaganda, and too late to have helped to
    keep the war effort going.

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 10, 2009
  4. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    stephe_k Guest

    Again, it's not "Your hand" that is going to be doing any fighting. And
    excuse me if I'm not as gung ho to send our young boys to die as you
    are, for questionable reasons.

    Stephanie

    stephe_k, Sep 11, 2009
  5. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Just another example of BG getting his facts all wrong: They weren't
    "Nazi films", there were filmed by the allies after the camps were found...

    Rol_Lei Nut, Sep 11, 2009
  6. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Then you can never hope to beat them.
    It also shows you are an idiot. In asynchronous warfare, especially
    where the enemy is an ideal not a country or geographical location, in
    order to beat an enemy you have to understand their motives and aims.
    I agree... the lines were drawn by the US.... The 9/11 was a RETALIATION
    not a first strike. Also it was the 3rd (or 4th) in a series.
    That is the problem... simple solution for simple minds.... Your
    solution is WRONG and means you can NEVER win this fight.
    That is EXACTLY the problem.
    You don't care about the truth and the reasons.

    As I have said several times, a friend of min involved in intelligence
    work always said the difference between the Soviet population and the
    US population was the Soviet civilians knew when they were being fed
    propaganda. Bill has just demonstrated the proof of that statement.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  7. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Some people never learn.

    Bill is a classic case of some one who swallows the propaganda and is
    happy living in a dream world. This is why all the statistics show that
    US troops are easier to break as prisoners than other nations. The
    stats for Korea was 80% where as for Brits it was 18% and Australians
    14%

    For many of the US troops they have very little understanding or
    comprehension of "the rest of the world" and Fox news is accurate....
    when they later meet reality in a POW camp it is a shattering
    experience.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  8. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    BG and reality are a long way apart.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  9. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Ovens were usually used to handle the "problem" later on (though early
    in the war various methods were tried).

    AFAIK there was no official filming by the Nazis inside the camps. They
    would probably have not shot any (at least not of death/killing) as
    their legality was always a grey zone.

    If you can provide a reliable source, I'll certainly say I'm sorry on
    this count...

    The most circulated film of bodies being bulldozed into pits was filmed
    by the British at Bergen-Belsen.

    Rol_Lei Nut, Sep 11, 2009
  10. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Because it is.
    I am not a liberal. I also probably have a lot more years military
    service than you do.
    Your very point is exactly why the US can not win in Afghanistan and why
    it lost in Iraq. The problem is that as you are far to stupid and
    blinkered to understand you can not win.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  11. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    I have seen many such films taken during the liberation.
    However none of the type you describe taken by the Nazis

    Can you find any links? I am sure this has been documented in detail

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  12. In message "Bill
    Neither Bush NOR Obama has EVER made a serious effort to find OBL.

    And Bush, Obama, McCain, Barr, Kerry, Gore, Clinton, Dole, and Nader voters
    ALL know it.

    Father Guido Sarducci, Sep 11, 2009
  13. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    What's this? Mr "I get all my information from me mates" ChrisH wants
    links? Wasn't it you who got snarky with me for asking you to supply
    links for your more outrageous and inaccurate statements?

    tony cooper, Sep 12, 2009
  14. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Please get your facts straight (again)!

    And please read some good *books* about history (and maybe everything else).

    One of the most awful episodes of recent history should at least be
    remembered correctly...

    BTW: (and finally somehow on topic) Leica's owners were involved in
    getting large numbers of Jewish employeees out of Germany.

    Rol_Lei Nut, Sep 12, 2009
  15. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    stephe_k Guest

    Yet you support invading Iraq, which had NOTHING to do with 9/11. Please
    explain how that is NOT "I don't just go out and kill anyone who happens
    to be around"

    Stephanie

    stephe_k, Sep 12, 2009
  16. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Lost as in did not get any of the objectives (bar 1)
    Lost as in Al-Qeada gained most of their objectives.

    1st objective for the US *AND* Al-Qeada was to get rid of Saddam.
    After than no US objectives have been met but most of the Al-Qeada ones
    have.

    Chris H, Sep 12, 2009
  17. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Bill was talking about published films. They have all been shown
    multiple times on TV. Bill saw them in a public viewing.

    Chris H, Sep 12, 2009
  18. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    IT was the only way at the time to bury the dead so as to stop disease
    spreading. It is not done too far differently today where there are
    mass bodies to deal with.
    No. Many of the mass burials like that were done after liberation. The
    bodies were buried rather than cremated as the Germans had usually blown
    up the crematoria.
    I think you are wrong. When the allies got to the camps. They had to
    manage the situation. This included getting the inmates back on to solid
    food and checking them for diseases. This took a while and many died
    during this process.

    The reason being when rescued you relax and that is when people died.
    Also many were so malnourished that it takes time to get the body
    accepting food. In some cases people broke into the food store and eat.
    They were then is a bad way as the body, in a starvation condition,
    could not deal with the food.

    The Brits and Americans did have to bury, and quickly, 100's of bodies
    and clear up the camps that in many cases the Germans had just walked
    out of leaving the inmates to stave.

    From Memory all the film was taken by the Allies partly for propaganda
    and partly for historical record. The Germans AFAIK did not take that
    much inside the camps and when it was clear the war was not going well
    probably destroyed much of what there was.

    SO it is unlikely to be German film of themselves doing mass murder.
    More likely to be the Allies.

    Chris H, Sep 12, 2009
  19. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    tony cooper Guest

    And the difference is? Your outrageous and inaccurate statements are
    about public issues. You claimed, for example, that "over 2 million"
    Brits participated in the 2003 anti-war demo. UK police estimated the
    crowd at 750,000. The information is public on BBC's website.

    tony cooper, Sep 12, 2009
  20. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Gosh, "only" 750,000, and of course the ESTIMATE by the police must be
    completely accurate. I bet that they sent a lot of effort assessing
    the exact size of the crowd.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 12, 2009