    last Snapshot and fix the problems.

    Is this just a Dell program or can it (or another similar program) be
    purchased by someone who does not have a Dell?

    Cammie, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Cammie

    Thor Guest

    there are several programs available that do this. Dell's is most likely
    just their licensed version of some other retail software. Norton's "GoBack"
    being one of the first of these types of programs, has been around since
    1999 or so. However, these programs also usually have a noticeable impact on
    system performance since they must track, log, and store a copy of every
    file changed created, or deleted on the system. I know they are handy for
    some who lose files, or have frequently screwed up systems, but for me they
    are bloated overkill.

    Thor, Apr 3, 2004