    a decent product...

    Any assistance gratefully received,

    Mark

    Mark Rae, Jun 15, 2007

  2. I think the basic IIS SMTP server is available to you in Vista Business.
    That may well be enough for you.

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 18, 2007

  3. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Jun 18, 2007
  4. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    No-one got any suggestions? Is no-one using SMTP with Vista...?

    Mark Rae, Jun 18, 2007
  5. Mark Rae

    Jane C Guest

    OK, I'll jump in and have a go :)

    Found this one that works on x64 Vista. Bit of a pain in the proverbial to
    set up, but it works ok. Download is in a zip file, just unzip to a folder,
    find the readme and get confused from there ;-) It will run from the
    folder, no actual initial install required.

    Running as a service doesn't work - got the 'has stopped working blah
    blah' - but it does run from the System tray. And relays too.

    http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SMTP_POP3_IMAP_server.asp

    Link to download is down the page under Latest:
    http://www.lumisoft.ee/lswww/download/downloads/MailServer/

    Jane C, Jun 18, 2007
  6. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest