    call are very much cheaper via Sipgate than any Betamax company - around
    45% cheaper!!

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Loades, May 3, 2010

  2. I have a few calls to UK landlines (eg Ivor's speaking clock) being shown on
    Voipgain as 'FUP exceeded' and charged at 1.5p/min (or something like that),
    despite in the middle of runs of half a dozen free UK calls (and I have
    about 60 freedays left). The half-dozen calls of one minute each are all
    the calls I'm making that day, so there's no chance I'm exceeding my FUP.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, May 3, 2010

  3. As expected Betamax didn't respond to any e-mail I sent so I took the
    matter up with my credit card company. I claimed that I'd prepaid for
    250 minutes but by overcharging me I'd only received 55.5 minutes. A
    disputed transaction was commenced and Betamax immediately refunded my
    payment!!

    All this time the SMSlisto website continued to advertise 0.04/minute.
    After I'd received my refund the website tariff was changed to
    0.18/minute.

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Loades, May 30, 2010