Smile For The Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³"
    Well, can ya blame them?

    Annika1980, Dec 8, 2004

  3. From: "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³"
    Some of them look like they hate the sight of everything.

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Jon Pike Guest

    Jon Pike, Dec 8, 2004
  5. You're right. I should not be out in public taking pictures unless everyone
    is happy with me. Perhaps we should ban all photography except for portraits
    done in a studio. That way everyone will be happy.

    Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Jon Pike Guest

    That sarcasm doesn't really answer my question.
    It's not like those two images are pictures of crowds with dozens or
    hundreds of people. Your first image contains only two. Your second
    contains one (and a half). You even said yourself that "these people hate
    the sight of a d70" so it's pretty clear you knew they didn't want their
    pictures taken.

    So why would you, if you knew they didn't want it? Or more clearly, judging
    from the look on the musicians face, why would you if you knew that they
    specifically wanted it -not- to happen?

    Jon Pike, Dec 8, 2004
  7. Screw the musician. He's in public, there's no flash.

    Back to the images of bikers. Liked the scowls. Probably not related
    directly to you nor your camera.

    I like this the best:http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/image/37109389

    For the others, you'd benefit greatly from a longer lens, if only to cut
    down on the excessive DOF in many of the shots.

    John McWilliams, Dec 8, 2004
  8. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Frank Vuotto Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:25:29 -0500, "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³"

    I think these pictures are fine. It's a relief to see someone taking
    character shots, It so boring to click a link and see another dull,
    mushy auto focused scenery shot (not that I have anything against
    scenery)

    Character photography has a long history. Would either of these pics
    tell the story better (and that's what photography is all about) if
    the subjects were posing and smiling?
    I used a little Leica back in the 60's and folks wern't nearly as
    intiminated by it as they were by the Pentex's.

    Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
    @/

    Frank Vuotto, Dec 8, 2004
  9. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Jon Pike Guest

    What an ethically responsible and mature reply.

    And people wonder why photographers in general get scowled at nowadays.

    Jon Pike, Dec 8, 2004
  10. That may be your experience; it isn't mine.

    John McWilliams, Dec 8, 2004